As the Design Manager you will manage and coordinate the briefing and development of UK/CE packaging designs within a huge retail company. You will work with the Group Design function to ensure the client's designs achieve a consistent look and feel which resonates with its customers.
• You will liaise with Category Technical Managers to consolidate any category specific requirements that need to be considered as part of the packaging design.
• You will project manage all aspects of the packaging design process from brief to design through to instore, including SRP.
• You will manage design agencies, photographers and artwork agencies to deliver own brand packaging to agreed critical path and to budget.
• You will work with categories to ensure smooth running of the development process
• You will be aware of competitor developments and global trends
• You will be aware of innovative packaging structure and innovations in all areas of packaging and be proactive in sharing this information
• You will be able to articulate packaging design creative principlals, and influence and persuade
• You will champion the brand's packaging design throughout the UK
Skills & Experience Required:
• Classic packaging design management in retail, design agency or artwork and repro company.
• Experience of managing design agencies and photographers preferred in addition.
• Extremely strong influencing skills required with experience of high volume, fast moving, complex packaging projects.
You’ll describe yourself in the ways below:
Creative, organised, detail orientated, collaborative, articulate and passionate
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs