This is a 5-6 month role to cover for someone going on extended leave.
Under general supervision, this position is responsible for the development and execution of product packaging material artwork design and labeling projects on behalf of our medical device client and 3rd party manufacturing sites for the commercialization of product, including updates to product labeling as required. Packaging material design will include but not limited to Package Inserts, User Guides, Kit Boxes, Procedure and Quick Reference Guides, and any component packaging artwork required. GPL Designers will also develop conceptual designs including material layout and specifications as required to meet product artwork requirements as needed or requested by the GBU or business.
This job function has accountability for complying with the applicable elements of the Global Quality Framework and the Corporate Quality Management System (QMS).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Carries out duties in compliance with established business policies.
• Demonstrates commitment to the development, implementation and effectiveness of the client's Quality Management System per ISO, FDA, and other regulatory agencies
• Responsible for exhibiting professional behavior with both internal/external business associates that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with the company’s policies and practices.
• Understands and is aware of the quality consequences which may occur from the improper performance of their specific job. Has awareness of device defects that may occur in their area of responsibility, including product design, verification and validation, manufacturing and testing activities.
• Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
• Execute packaging material artwork design for the client and 3rd party manufacturing sites according to GMS Labeling Standard Operating Procedures and Manufacturing site Quality Systems.
• Produce product packaging, labeling and creative material that meets Brand, OEM and/or private label guidelines and supports strategic business objectives.
• Possess artistic sensibility and the ability to apply and adapt concepts to resolve creative challenges.
• Manage and maintain the product images within the GMS AEM DAM system repository for upload, and ensure that product images are compliant and accurate for use internally and externally.
• Responsible for exhibiting professional behavior with both internal/external business associates and vendors that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with the company’s policies and practices.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
• 1-2 years of experience in Graphic design
• Creative Suites Experience
• Ability to effectively communicate with individuals in various departments and levels
• Attention to detail, organizational and planning skills essential
• Demonstrated ability to work independently
• Comfortable with routine work
o Will most likely focus on one product
Associates Degree in Graphic design preferred, but more focused on experience
• Graphic Arts education/experience Formalized training/education in Graphic Design
• Experience in packaging design for medical device and/or healthcare products, including the regulatory requirements preferred
• Experience working with extensive brand identity guidelines
• Experience in electronic media is a plus
• 1-3 years’ experience working in an agency or equivalent corporate design environment
• Excellent creative and collaboration skills
• Ability to multi-task and be detail oriented