This large tech org's AI and Research Outreach group manages a website for academics and technical enthusiasts. There is no shortage of content on our site as we showcase rich, extensive archive of research publications, projects, and events that impact our products, technology and society. We need someone who can do design and production work while maintaining the guidelines and style within the larger brand.
• Get familiar and fully versed on Microsoft Brand standards and Microsoft Research website design standards.
• Tasked with designing, retouching and resizing static digital banners mostly from photographs or pre-existing illustrations in Photoshop making sure guidelines and styles are within Microsoft Research and Microsoft brand guidelines while meeting all design and marketing communication objectives.
• Responsible to be able to source stock photography from our approved suppliers.
• Manage digital assets.
• Provide overall support to Online Engagement Content Services Lead, comping graphics for review, digital editing (as noted above), digital file management, filling image and graphic related requests from multiple users.
• Holds degree in Graphic Design/Graphic Arts with at least 1 year experience as graphic designer or production artist.
• Proficient and skilled in Photoshop. Illustrator and InDesign skill are a bonus. Knowledge of MS Office.
• Must be a positive, meet deadlines, good communicator and team player that is proactive and flexible.
• Ideal to have experience creating assets for social media (Twitter, FB, LinkedIn, Instagram).
• Ability to design original illustrations.
• Familiarity with large enterprise SW Brand guidelines
• Understanding of computer science research area.
• WordPress CMS experience