LIFESTYLE || RETAIL
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
START DATE: ASAP
CONTRACT: Full Time || Mon-Fri || 40 hrs/week || 3+ Months
PAY: $30-$36/hr (based on experience)
OUR FORTUNE 500 APPAREL/LIFESTYLE CLIENT IS IN NEED OF A PRINT PRODUCTION DESIGNER ASAP!
Design work will be mainly print expertise, with the occasional digital project. The Production Designer is responsible for working on the production, layout and versioning of the graphic design needs of the Creative Department, and assist primarily with the adaptation/extension of existing design structures and brand advertising; and to output final mechanical print-ready files for production.
• Version signs, banners, POS, catalogues, packaging, digital media and other layout materials based on existing designs
• Produce print-ready production mechanicals for releasing to print
• Support the Art Direction/Design team with layout of Style Guides and Directive booklets
• Receive direction and partner with project management regarding trafficking of work, briefings, addressing feedback and prioritization of projects and tasks
• Attend and participate in high-level creative meetings regarding priorities and status, ensuring that follow-up actions are met and communicated back.
• Maintain organized archive of art files
• Maintain compliancy with corporate brand standards and guidelines (will be provided by your manager)
• Bachelor degree or equivalent education within design/arts
• Minimum 2 years experience in an agency or in-house graphic design department
• Intermediate to expert level in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, AcrobatPro and In-Design on a Mac platform and pre-flight production
• Portfolio should also demonstrate strong graphic design skills (typography, color theory, layout/conversion optimization, print production, basic web design, and design software knowledge)
• Able to own a brief, juggle multiple projects with competing deadlines as part of a fast-paced, global creative services team
• In-house retail graphic design experience preferred
• Accuracy & attention to detail
• Skilled in compositing and retouching in Photoshop
• Experience with various printed mediums, materials and large format printing
• Proficient in building print-ready files with an acute attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to comprehend logical page structure, readability and visual hierarchy
• Solid communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills
• Strong interpersonal skills; a team player who is positive, collaborative and likes to have fun!
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs