PACKAGING AND VISUAL MERCHANDISING
LOCATION: Alameda CA
START DATE: ASAP
CONTRACT: Monday-Friday || 3+ Months (extension based on performance)
PAY: $25-$30/hour (based on experience)
The Production Artist is responsible for taking rough design concepts for packaging from the design stage through to print ready art. He/she will be responsible for interpreting the designer’s concepts and bringing the designer’s vision to life using a wide range of styles and techniques. Our design files are typically complex, so mastery of Adobe illustrator CS6 and Photoshop is mandatory. Speed and accuracy are essential; Design experience is a definite plus.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Create print ready art for new packaging systems
• Create print-ready artwork to match existing packaging system guidelines to extend the line to include new products.
• Communicate directly with business partners to gather essential information.
• Communicate directly with printers to discuss and understand printing methods as well as substrate benefits and limitations in order to achieve predictable results.
• Retouch images for reproduction.
• Archiving, tracking and documenting jobs/projects according to company protocol
• Must be highly proficient in Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop.
• Understanding of the scope of the myriad printing processes crucial.
• Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Must be self-motivated, have the ability to meet deadlines, and work at a high pace.
• Ability to execute last-minute changes accurately and efficiently.
• Must have a positive attitude and work well with a team in a fast-paced environment
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs