PRODUCT DEVELOPER (CULINARY/BEVERAGE)
START DATE: ASAP
CONTRACT: 5+ MONTHS
** A FORTUNE 500 RETAIL COMPANY IS LOOKING FOR AN EXCEPTIONAL PRODUCT DEVELOPER (CULINARY/BEVERAGE)! **
Planning and executing complex and multiple assigned projects related to the development beverage products that support the successful execution of company initiatives.
- Food Science, ingredient functionality experience, food development/ingredient development and manufacturing
- Creative development skills, being able to track trends and create that into an idea/culinary concept
- Ideate, develop, and lead the commercialization of products from concept to customer
- Support commercialization of ingredients (pilot trials, scale-up, and commercialization) at supplier manufacturing facilities. Define processing & specification requirements
- Apply knowledge of food and beverage technology, ingredient functionalities, quality assurance, chemistry, or manufacturing as applied to the development and scale up of beverage or food products
- Able to operationalize beverage recipes for the baristas to execute in the stores
- Work cross-functionally with Supply Chain, Quality & Regulatory to bring product to market. Includes identifying new suppliers, raw materials, food safety, labels & documentation.
- Developing beverage in the lab, working with suppliers, attending cross-functional meetings.
- Sauce, dry-mixed, (juice experience is fine but most of the team has the juice experience already), experience. More 'wet' beverage experience. Good manufacturing experience, the current person on the team is more on the culinary side and this person needs to come in with more of the technical side. Good Project management skills.
- BS/MS in Food Science or other related fields.
- Product development/innovation experience. Culinary & mixology experience is welcome.
- Bench-top to full-scale commercialization in food and beverage industries
- Process development
- Product or menu development in the food and beverage, or related industry
- Project management skills
- Basic skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Project
- Knowledge of food ingredient functionality
- Knowledge of food quality control, safety and microbiology
- Knowledge of marketing principles and concepts
- Knowledge of sensory, experimental design, statistics and consumer research methodology
- Understanding of beverage products and ingredient functionalities (i.e. sauce, syrup, dry mix, dairy, aseptic, toppings, etc.)