Drive external communication and market awareness for new initiatives. Drive results and implement creative ideas within a fluid and fast paced environment while working collaboratively with a high-energy group of individuals who are passionate about the brand. Develop communications plans, press releases, materials, and media releases for areas of specialty. Serve as subject matter expert in certain area of focus. Work with Editors and Marketing Manager to create and update PR calendar for all web sites. Manage all incoming and outgoing media relations to raise company's profile and to help elevate the brand. Serve as primary contact with external journalists, and work directly with journalists on product and news stories. Continuously develop new creative ideas and alternate distribution methods to elevate site's tool, products, etc. to the user base. Oversee outreach program to secure prominent coverage in continuously evolving blogosphere and on Twitter. Respond to questions on Twitter and FaceBook with focus on current news topics. Research and develop creative pitch and release ideas. Write and edit press releases and other communications materials. Create surveys, including choice of questions and content, programming, and analysis, for audience of 1500+ participants. Respond to, or refer, incoming inquiries from news media regarding specific assigned brand(s). Scan consumer news media looking for coverage opportunities and appropriate media contacts. Lead PR campaigns, including developing plan, messages, release, and Q&A. Conduct spokesperson training. Staff and/or conduct media interviews, as appropriate. Maintain media contact lists and update out and/or in-house media database(s).
The primary goals and responsibilities as part of the PR and Social Media team involves managing all integrated communications and social media marketing campaign strategies for the client and driving traffic to the client's website; and serving as the department liaise responsible for helping internal partners leverage social media and PR as part of high level campaigns both proactively and reactively. This position will rely heavily on creativity and ingenuity; and will project manage and work closely with the creative.
Responsibilities also include:
• Develop integrated comms/social media content strategy and calendar across social, PR and blog
• Proactively create campaigns or leverage existing campaigns to create or optimize opportunities for destination management, merchandizing, Media Solutions, loyalty, brand and product
• Monetize publicity opportunities for Media Solutions and market opportunities to partners to strengthen the client's value prop
• Leverage learnings and expertise to strengthen global integrated publicity
• Ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality, and tone of voice
• Develop programs that use social media, blog and PR channels to create awareness of the company and its services and products
• Develop ongoing events and campaigns to facilitate continued engagement among repeat users
• Develop and maintain a process work flow that ensures consistent, quality execution and delivery of PR and social media marketing campaigns
• Drive analysis and reporting of integrated campaign tests to capture key learnings, apply them to future campaigns and market them to partners
• Manage day-to-day social media and PR customer service issues through Tier 3 team including owning the SLA, driving tests with GCO and improving customer service response in the US with shared learnings to impact global customer satisfaction
• Project manages creative execution of top tier social campaigns and high level PR projects including resource and budget management
• Work closely with agencies and social platforms to create marketable innovations
• 3+ years related experience required.
• Prior experience in developing social media campaigns
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of the principles of advertising, marketing and digital media.
• Up-to-date with the latest advances in digital media (social media, mobile, PR, etc.).
• Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications or equivalent.
• Knowledge of analytics, tracking and social media monitoring tools.
• Outgoing with the ability to create excitement about a given event/campaign.
• Self-guided; creative; responsible; energetic; eager to work with other departments and independently; has a desire to see measured results.
• Strong writing, conversation and presentation skills.
• Is skilled at looking at things from another person’s perspective and providing information that speaks to target audiences.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs