My client is a big online travel brand who are currently seeking a native, French speaking PR Manager. The role is offered on a 12 month contract, paying up to £270/day.
We are looking for the next communications rock star! The Public Relations Manager for our team will be a central figure in building programs and engaging media to shape our story with consumer press and influencers. This includes playing a key role in driving business and consumer PR for the flagship brand. If you have a hunger to drive best-in-class storytelling for one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
France is one of our most important European markets and a key priority for investment. As the PR Manager for France you will be responsible for working directly with the media to drive locally relevant, highly engaging PR activities which resonate strongly with the local audience in these markets. You will work closely with senior leaders within the company to shape the brand story in France and to drive the brand to new heights within this market. You will act as an invaluable consultant for the wider team on areas of sensitivity and local cultural nuances. As the PR lead for this region you will possess a strong network of media contacts and a keen eye for developing stories and initiatives which will gain the attention of both the media and the wider population.
The role will be based in London with the opportunity for regular travel to France to build and support your network of media contacts.
• Regularly interact with the media, including serving as a spokesperson for online, print, radio and television interviews
• Working closely with the local media, you will have a clear understanding of their priorities and areas of focus and will work closely with them to identify opportunities
• Develop and implement public relations and communications plans that support the brand as we talk to consumers and business press
• Manage and influence internal stakeholders and partners at a senior level as you project manage communications initiatives from development to release to ensure the strongest stories are told with appropriate use of resources
• Project manage the implementation of brand-building programmes in France
• Develop and implement travel data releases for major travel milestones to ensure our brand is front and center in more coverage than major OTA and direct travel competitors, and specifically ensure the brand is at the center of all major travel milestones
• Develop programs to establish the brand as thought leader in the travel space and build affinity with the brand across digital, print and broadcast media
• Collaborate with global PR team on development and roll-out of global PR programs
• Manage reactive PR issues that influence perceptions around the brand of the greater business
• Exceptional team-building and interpersonal skills – including the ability to represent the business at the highest levels internally and externally.
• Demonstrated results in working with and leading the thinking of senior management required including ability to counsel executives regarding message content and delivery
• Comfortable with intense working environments and tight deadlines required. Ability to manage changing requirements as well as multiple overlapping projects at one time
• Excellent writing, communications, and interpersonal skills
• Outstanding project management and organizational skills
• Demonstrated experience in highly matrixed organizations a plus
• Expert level knowledge and demonstrated experience in modeling, analysis, research and presentation creation, including the ability to synthesize data into logical conclusions and recommendations.
Experience and Qualification
• Fluent in french
• Proven PR experience in a corporate or agency environment
• Consumer product and/or travel and/or tech industry experience preferred and existing media relationships in one of these sectors; journalist references appreciated
• Experience dealing with corporate-level issues management preferred
• Media spokesperson experience a bonus along with media relations experience required
• Experience working in the technology and/or travel sector Social media experience preferred
• Bachelor's degree required