PR manager: RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Responsible for developing, implementing and driving communications strategies, media relations and PR plans to secure press coverage, increase awareness and elevate profile of Disney Store, its products and executive team.
* Manages PR campaigns- from product publicity to brand campaigns, seasonal and promotional events to corporate campaigns such as business milestones, executive positioning and trade relations.
* Partners with the PR Director regarding team development and mentoring, department planning and budget allocation
* Manages and is responsible for the day-to-day oversight of direct reports overseeing Tier 1 campaigns
* In conjunction with the PR Director, develops the strategy and supports the management of public affairs and crisis communications such as product recalls
* Partners internally and across divisions to identify opportunities, influence cross-disciplinary teams and develop strategies to advance Disney Store's PR goals
* Manages proactive and reactive media relations (print, broadcast, online, digital and social media) including developing and pitching story ideas and responding to and maximizing press inquiries.
* Plans and manages media events: press junkets, media tours, analyst briefings, publicity stunts, talent appearances and trade shows
* Develops campaign materials: press releases, b-roll and VNR video packages, viral video concepts, press kit collateral; conceptualizes and manages photo shoots, creative press mailings
* Develops key messages and ensures message consistency across media relations, corporate communications and digital media platforms
* Prepares executives for media interviews including drafting talking points, key messages, Q & As, and supporting research
* Builds and maintains stellar relationships with internal stakeholders and externally with key media, bloggers, analysts, etc.
* Responsible for campaign analysis; develops strategies to sell back results to management.
* Candidates must have 5-7 years experience in public relations, corporate communications or journalism in retail or consumer products. Experience working at a PR agency is highly preferred.
* Must have excellent media contacts and relationships across various media categories with proven track record of securing press coverage and influencing story direction. Sample press clippings and media contacts required.
* Must possess excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with strong media and executive presence (writing samples will be required)
* Proven accomplishments in the development and execution of communications strategies and PR plans across diverse campaigns.
* Must have a keen understanding of new and traditional media developments and remain abreast of digital and social media technologies
* Must have strong problem-solving skills
* Must have the ability to think strategically and purposefully while managing multiple initiatives; balancing multiple priorities and meeting deadlines.
* This position requires a strong sense of urgency, a high degree of initiative, and the ability to lead and/or participate in cross-functional teams.
* Position requires some travel and weekend hours for special events, plus may be on call during off-hours to assist with issues management and emergency response within division.
* BA/BS - Communications, Journalism, English or related preferred