Our client in the telecommunications industry is seeking a PR Manager to assist them with planning and conducting public relations programs designed to create and maintain a favorable public image for the company. You will be responsible for planning and directing the development and communication of information designed to keep public informed of the organization's programs, accomplishments, or point of view. You will organizes a significant flow of work and meet appropriate deadlines while representing the organization.
- Support the development and implementation of a proactive media relations campaign and specific messages designed to reinforce company as a category leader. This includes owning and managing strong working relationships with media contacts and outlets in Washington State to establish company as a “go-to” information resource.
- Messaging: Content development and story pitches for major business and trade media that can effectively promote company and its leadership, ensuring understanding of the Company’s position, vision and values. Review fact sheets, social media, news releases, photographs, scripts, motion pictures, or audio recordings to media representatives and other persons who may be interested in learning about or publicizing company’s activities or message. Promote goodwill through such publicity efforts as speeches, exhibits, films, tours, and question/answer sessions. Writes/edits significant internal and external communications pieces including management speeches and parts of annual reports. Focuses direction and efforts on understanding what audience is to be reached and with what message.
- Manage digital/social media efforts that drive results for the Washington Region including channel, content and outreach. Manage Washington Region’s digital and social channels (website, blog, social media handles).
- Represents, coordinates, and supervises public relations activities that facilitate communication of the organization's message to internal and external public.
- Serves as liaison with PR agencies, news agencies, and event organizers to ensure project goals are met and timetable/budget parameters are kept.
- Works with outside vendors for quotes for all community investment program items, premium items, print materials, and fulfillment process.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
Years of Experience
- Generally requires 6-9 years related experience