A highly respected design studio is in search of a PR Manager to join its team on a full-time, permanent basis. This is the ideal role for a highly organized communications professional who loves art and design and can handle juggling many projects at once. Must be able to work onsite in San Francisco.
- 50% of the job is PR and communications for the design studio
- Getting press for the studio and for founder/designer
- Managing website and blog
- Social media (Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram): updates about what the studio is doing. Have a lot of content and images around the projects and constantly producing new content. Opportunity to lead the content strategy.
- The other 50%: project launches, working with respective clients. Messaging development, launch strategy and execution working with the clients’ comms teams.
- Priority to do more in social media and thought leadership (profiles, speeches, events, engagements). Press around the design studio.
Required Qualifications & Experience
- 5+ years of experience working ideally at both agency and in-house. Longevity is important.
- Have to have done work with brands that are relevant. Has to be a design focused brand or relevant in the art world. Consumer product is fine.
Desired Characteristics & Fit
• Able to take criticism with grace and not as a personal attack. Need to manage stressful situations.
• Able to work for a manager who has very high standards and expects perfection.
• Able to multi-task a large amount of work, with energy and eagerness.