A unique and exciting role working for one of the largest entertainment brands in the world. As EMEA Communications Manager, gaming, you will be working at UK headquarters in London and Reading. You will work closely with the International communications lead and the EMEA marketing teams to facilitate integrated communications platforms for the gaming brand. You will be responsible for communications planning and implementation for all relevant hardware, services and games campaigns within EMEA.
As the EMEA communications lead, you will be responsible for ensuring that EMEA markets are supported in all gaming PR and communications. The EMEA region encompasses 26 markets, including the UK, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Nordics; in some markets we are supported by agency teams, in others activity is managed solely in-house.
The role will include frequent international travel to US HQ, key European markets, as well as to relevant trade shows in the gaming industry. You will occasionally be required to work out of hours where relevant when working with the global team based in Pacific Time zone.
You will oversee the EMEA PR & Events agency team. The team offers a tightly integrated storytelling machine working across a variety of properties from Commercial, Corporate.
· EMEA and Global market management – Experience of devising and delivering campaigns and toolkits for European markets
· Gaming and/or consumer technology experience – Working for gaming brands or relevant consumer technology brands and a keen understanding of entertainment communications
· Strategic thinking – A smart thinker who doesn’t just take briefs at face value, rather they interrogate them, ask questions and can devise solid strategies which inspire great creativity
· Crisis and Issues – Experienced in managing crises/issues across traditional media, influencer channels and social. Well versed in drafting reactive messaging and stakeholder management during crises
· Excellent writer / communicator – Someone who is brilliant at putting copy together on a page, and at articulating themselves in person
· Creative flair – Someone who pushed themselves to be as creative as possible and takes an active role in getting the most creativity out of a team
. Global stakeholder management- Appreciation for the importance of a global peer network to extend ideas, secure support and build on the ideas of others.
· An inquisitive mind – Someone who is interested in lots of different things and has a naturally inquisitive mind