My client is the consumer PR arm of a global agency known for big, award-winning work anchored in strategic insights and creative smarts. They are co-located and completely plugged into the global creative agency that’s part of their family, sharing planning, creative and digital capabilities on integrated and stand-alone accounts.
They are now after a PR Group Account Director to lead and manage significant and often complex client engagements, handle multiple clients and projects at one time and provide leadership and counsel to clients and team at key points during project delivery.
The GAD will be building on the agencie's PR capabilities while producing work for a portfolio or clients across fantastic local and global brands within Food & Beverage and Fashion sectors, as well as being a strategic lead on consumer campaigns, ensuring a seamless blend with the wider creative agency.
- Input business plan & strategic direction via knowledge of market trends, ensure long term, future growth and success.
- Ensure business plan is understood and implemented throughout the company.
- Provide high-level media relations.
- Produce first-class and creative written work at all times.
- Capacity planning – accountability for resource planning for the practice group; plan ahead to avoid over or under-servicing.
- Client retention – remain committed to retaining clients through developing strong relationships with client contacts.
- Provide senior strategic lead in maintaining and developing client relationships; positioning the agency as key business partner.
- Have accountability for meeting client expectations at all times. Ensuring evaluation and measurement of PR programs.
- PR planning - determine course of action for the whole team on client programs, timescales and deadlines.
- Ultimately accountable for growth of the practice through organic growth and new client revenues.
- Take leading role in both credentials meetings and pitches; coach others to pitch successfully.
- Provide lead on international programs – excel at managing regional and global PR programs and new business pitches.
- Support the company’s succession plan, help develop staff for greater responsibility and promotion.
- Assists in identifying and resolving staff issues; show a mature, professional approach at all times to avoid conflicts.
KEY SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Clear ability to manage the strategic aspects of growing and developing new and existing business
- Capable of holding ultimate management responsibility for one or more PR programs/client groups
- Deep understanding of the integrated PR space, combining creative and strategic capabilities to create brave and innovation solutions that push work from great to exceptional; the agency wants award-winning stuff
- Ability to juggle 5-10 briefs at a time
- Outstanding influencing and relationship building skills and ability to connect with key stakeholders, internally as well as externally
- Excel in writing winning and creative proposals, programs, plans and other strategic documentation
- Accountability for financial aspects of the management, from forecasting to budgeting and more
The ideal candidate will be a big thinker who is vibrant, dynamic and knows how to rally the troops across teams and disciplines to develop creative solutions that transforms businesses.
Despite of the size, the agency still considers itself to be entrepreneurial; so people who are natural go-getters get the most out of their fast-paced and fun environment. With structured learning and development, training, birthday’s off, office dogs and heaps of other benfits, my client aims to provide the best possible opportunity to grow their people and keep them happy.
Please contact me at email@example.com or (02) 8667 8888