My client is looking for a Sydney AUS-based corporate communications professional with a minimum of seven years experience spanning employee communications, issues management and media relations. This role will be approximately 50% employee communications and 50% PR/media relations.
- Employee communication counsel, strategy, implementation and content creation (writing/editing) for Sydney and Singapore-based and leadership team members
- Leverage and integrate technology to increase comms effectiveness and timeliness
- Localizes global employee communications to integrate Asia/Sydney
- Lead certain global employee communication programs (strategy, planning, implementation).
- Build and evolves understanding of how employees consume information and deliver communications accordingly.
- Facilitates two-way communications and feedback sharing between supported executives and employees
- Corp comms planning – annual PR roadmap, product launches, events
- Corporate/product PR/communication counsel
- Writer/editor for comms – press releases, drawer statements
- Agency and budget management
- Media relations
- Issues management
Experience and Education:
- Minimum seven years of experience in corporate communications – spanning public relations (media relations) and employee communications for a multinational, providing counsel and coaching to C-level executives
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Journalism, Public Relations, Communications, or a related field preferred
- Track record in change management communications
- Self-directed – ability to discern what needs to be done, provide recommendations and implement programs with minimal oversight
- Motivating, positive personality
- “Sleeves rolled up” – willing to “do whatever it takes to get the job done”
- Strong project management capabilities
- Ability to manage and juggle multiple roles (i.e. PR, Executive Communications, Internal Communications, community relations)
- Ability to appropriately manage budget and agency resources
- Demonstrated agility and flexibility to meet the changing dynamics and requirements of marketing and business priorities
- Ability to focus energy and resources on concrete “outcomes” versus “effort”
- Ability to focus and align all effort, budget and agency resources to support the goals and benchmarks of success
- Ability to give strategic communications counsel to the highest level executive/good coaching style with executives
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and deploy resources (budget, time and agency resources) appropriately while focusing on delivering results
- Ability to take a communications “story” and translate it and make relevant to a variety of audiences, including external, internal and executives.
- Exemplary written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to maintain smart and ongoing dialogue with key influencers including closely managing media briefings and ensuring that an executive message is understood and clarified if needed
A competitive daily rate, great working environment and team awaits, contact me on (02) 8667 8888 or email me at email@example.com