Covering maternity leave
This position is responsible to provide support for the communications team to assist/lead in development and implementation of communication programs and activities. Provide assistance for key projects for both internal and external initiatives. Write and edit content for internal announcements, news articles and other editorial content. Strong Project Management Skills. Collaborate with cross-functional department teams to help ensure alignment on strategies and provide input into the strategic direction for all activities. Assist with management of advertising agency and other strategic partners and/or consultants. Assist with the development of collateral materials for the U.S. human health mission and other programs.
1. Provide project management and tactical execution (i.e., writing, editing, and event planning) of PR communications programs to support products on the market and in development. Includes both agency management.
2. Drive tactical execution of communication programs to enhance corporate image through corporate initiatives as a unique, socially responsible organization through corporate messaging and communication vehicles.
3. Develop/build relationships to promote commitment to our therapeutic areas of focus and to patients, their families and caregivers as a global human health care company.
• BA/BS in related field
• 5-7 years’ experience in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or other related field; corporate communications pharmaceutical industry experience desired
• 5+ years experience in either agency or pharmaceutical communications desired
• Develops effective public relations, including understanding marketing goals and objectives
• Basic knowledge of media and publications
• Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects, work within a team environment and deliver results.
• Strong organizational skills and business acumen including prioritization, budgeting, creative problem solving, attention to detail and adherence to policies.
• Ability to research, write and edit content for internal announcements, news articles and other editorial content as needed;
• Excellent organizational skills including prioritization, budgeting time/money, creative problem solving, attention to detail, adherence to policies
• General understanding of product/brand, regulatory, manufacturing and pipeline communications a plus.