My client is a boutique agency focusing on health, nutrition, pharma and lifestyle sectors. They combine entrepreneurial flair and energy with unrivalled experience and capabilities, which has given the agency a strong reputation for delivering results. They focus on creating robust, integrated and interactive strategies that reach audiences and support business outcomes.
The agency is now on the hunt for a driven and proactive PR Account Manager with 3+ years of agency experience to partner with clients in carrying out their business and achieving their communication goals. You will be working with a mix of consumer health clients, as well as with some beauty/lifestyle accounts, and ideally have some relevant media contacts already. You have strong media skills and are able to confidently manage client accounts on a day-to-day basis.
In this role you’ll be working closely with the Director, Account Director and clients to create campaigns that are edgy, exciting and can achieve realistic outcomes.
- Take a lead role, in consultation with an Account Director or Director, in the design, development, implementation and management of client campaigns/projects
- Work closely with Account Director/Director and client to generate effective strategy to meet client’s business goals
- Ensure all campaigns/projects remain true to their agreed strategic approach and work towards the specified goals
- Identify and pre-empt client problems and present solutions to Account Director or Director and client
- Work with Account Director/Director and client to build clear, measurable goals and measurement criteria for all campaigns
- Identify opportunities for growth within a client and convert to new business opportunities
- Develop, pitch and place positive stories about the client’s business/product in trade and mainstream media
- Teach media skills to junior account staff including Account Executive, Trainee Account Executive or intern
- Develop media materials and review materials (e.g. pitch letters, media releases, backgrounders, fact sheets, tweets, biographies and newsletters) prepared by team members
- Develop materials on complex issues (e.g. key messages, Q&As, reactive position statements, issues response kits and speeches)
- Develop project budgets and ensure projects are implemented within budgets set
- Contribute and assist Account Director and Directors to manage the development of Account Executive, Trainee Account Executive or intern in terms of public relations/client management skills
- 3-4 years experience gained primarily through working in a public relations agency
- Excellent knowledge and experience of public relations and client service
- Excellent knowledge of media including trade, mainstream and digital media
- Ability to handle complex media enquiries/requests
- Strong verbal, editing and writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal kills
- Ability to set and meet deadlines
- Ability to think strategically and translate into written materials for clients
- Ability to generate ideas and think creatively
- Sound budget management skills
- Skills in helping to develop and deliver business presentations
Although a boutique agency, my client has good processes in place and operates more like a large business. They have a young, hard-working but supportive team, and they invest a lot in training and development, as well as provide the team with interesting, quality work. They have strong focus on career progression so are happy to fast-track team members’ careers, as well as promote internally.
Please get in touch with me on email@example.com or 02 8667 888