My client is one of Australia’s leading investor and media relations agencies, boasting an enviable list of clients spanning multiple sectors across: financial services, technology, healthcare, retail, innovation, resources and biotech. They work with emerging companies on the ASX and has exposure to a host of disruptive start-up businesses and established brands.
Due to recent client acquisition and growth, my client has an opening in its Sydney office for an experienced PR Account Director or Senior Account Director. The successful candidate will be part of our agency’s senior team and most likely reporting to an Associate Director or management.
Your contribution will help shape the future success of the business and deliver quantifiable results. You will lead an agency team and be the main point of contact for a portfolio of clients where your ability to forge strong relationships will position you as a trusted advisor. You will help to retain and grow those clients by delivering excellent and effective campaigns, as well as by developing new business opportunities through your own creative and strategic input.
- Managing a diverse and stimulating range of client relationships – delivering intelligent informed counsel and (award-winning) communications solutions
- Seamlessly including added value digital integration where appropriate
- Digital marketing and social media campaigns that run across all key social platforms and communities
- Strategically planning and managing PR activity and events (where appropriate) for a portfolio of clients
- Being the main point of contact for your clients – managing issues, opportunities, budgets and organic growth of their business
- Presenting and pitching for new business
- Maintaining a high awareness of issues and trends, as well as emergers in client markets.
- Excellent client handling skills
- Well-developed strategic, planning and creative PR skills, including proposal writing
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Strong media contacts and media relations skills
- Management ability to lead, inspire and develop a team
- Good existing knowledge of content, social and digital and a desire to learn more
- Commercial awareness with the ability to create budgets and monitor client profitability
- Ability to play a key role in developing and presenting new business pitches
- Good overall IT skills and proficiency in Word, Excel, PPT
The ideal candidate would have extensive agency experience having risen through the team ranks in recognised PR firms (boutique, medium and large), with strong (award-winning) brand and industry credentials. Prior experience pitching client stories to mainstream media (newspapers, TV, print, online, magazines) is a must.
Please get in touch with me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 02 8667 8888