Our client, a Fortune 100 Energy company is looking for a Predictive Index (PI) Analyst to provide base support of PI within the enterprise, as well as working across multiple business lines
The primary responsibilities will be to:
- Manage PI historians (access, new tags, security, interfaces)
- Manage AF SQL servers (access, security, create/edit new databases )
- Work with PI analysts to get workflow tags created on in-country PI historians for workflow output
Required Soft Skills:
- Being able to work in an Agile environment.
- Demonstrate critical thinking, analytical skills, and employ judgment to offer thoughtful, concise input toward resolutions of problems.
- Be able to translate data requirements into business processes and reverse engineer business processes into data requirements
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with strong English proficiency
- Leadership skills needed to successfully promote ideas, coordinate work activities, and plan deliverables within a project team.
- This is a hands on technical role; the analyst should be able to work independently with the business and also in a team environment
Technical Skills / Desired Skills & Experience:
- 2+ years of demonstrated work experience supporting PI and/or PI AF
- Basic understanding of sensor data
- Knowledge and experience of working with the PI AF client
- Adding new databases, elements, creating/editing templates and analyses
- Add additional attributes, calculations, analyses as required from workflow groups and update global templates and existing AF databases (these are requested as the workflow is developed for the site)
- SME for AF Builder tool – understand how it works, what is required and be able to teach PI analysts supporting in-country PI historians
- Understanding how PI tags are created and what info is required
- Understanding how PI databases work with each other
- Expert in data manipulation tools such as: TOAD, Access, Excel
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering Technology, Computer Science, or related field.
- Applications experience e.g. VB Programming
- Intermediate to advanced SQL querying (SQL Server/Oracle etc.)
- Comprehension of DevOps and Agile development and application to data centric architecture and solutions
- Practical skill sets in Data visualization tools
- Knowledge of other programming languages and ability to write code
- This role may involve limited business travel (less than 20%) to domestic and international locations. The analyst must be willing and able to travel as needed.
- There will likely an element of on-call work involved as the application requires 24*7 support.
- Will require interaction with various business personnel (owners, custodians, engineers, operators) and internal IT organizations (Energy Components, PMs, project resources, Infrastructure), as well as OSI Soft (PI vendor).
- This is a technical position. Looking for individuals with demonstrated work experience and analytical skills.
- This role will involve both project activities (e.g. enabling Surveillance & Optimization workflows in PI AF) as well as base application support (e.g. creating new calculations, supporting scripts that monitor servers or implement security permissions).