Timeline of the assignment:
• 1 year contract (could be extended beyond 1 year)
• Regular business hours (M-F), hours are region dependent
• Bilingual (English/French) required for position in Montreal
• Sales role will require travel to local customer base and customer base within territory. 1 Role is required for each of the 3 regions:
• 1 West – located in Vancouver or Calgary (requires travel in all Western provinces)
• 1 central – Mississauga/GTA (requires travel in province of Ontario)
• 1 East – MTL –requires travel in Quebec and some limited travel in Eastern provinces
Local travel (within market driving distance 3 hours or less) would be expected to 75% of the role requirement. Travel by plane or train is required for customer engagements and internal meetings 1x/month. Due to the geographic nature of the Western role, this could require additional airplane travel
High level responsibilities:
The ultimate goal of this role is to enable Public Sector customers to provide their services to their constituents (both internal and external) by effectively using company solutions. To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will need to drive incremental revenue through selling the end to end solution stack as well as specific workloads. To deliver the business in a large geography, the manager will also need to plan and coordination with their territory manager, as well as partner account managers and partners.
Strategic Opportunity Sales Plan
• Proactively drive the planning and orchestration of the territory team to meet scorecard and revenue goals. A territory plan with prioritized strategies and approaches to focus efforts to achieve operational and sales goals will be required.
• The plan must include tactics for opportunity creation sufficient to meet pipeline coverage and revenue targets
• The plan must include a strategy and tactics to meet customer satisfaction goals.
• set up and manage a regular rhythm with key members of the Territory Team Unit to ensure successful attainment of strategic goals and key performance indicators (KPIs) for territory
• Lead weekly forecast review with management. Participate in a weekly opportunity review with their inside territory manager to plan and agree an approach to the territory
• Virtual customer meetings will be a key tool for this role with f2f customer meetings focused on opportunity acceleration as well as growing and closing new opportunities
• Develop and manage a healthy (150%+ coverage in week 1 of quarter) and accurate (90%) pipeline that is sufficient to meet or exceed quota expectations
• Incorporate plans to drive strategic and competitive wins
• Foster productive working relationships internally and externally with partners and customers
• Engage in co-selling with partners (via partner account managers) to teach them how they can effectively close sales, coaching the partner and providing strategic feedback.
• Help orchestrate movement of opportunities through the sales process
• Work collaboratively with other members of the team and with cross group members.
• Create a set number of new revenue opportunities with a set created revenue target
• Own the sales effort during the Develop (20%) through Close (100%) stages for the following:
o large opportunities that are valued over $75,000
o opportunities with strategic or referenceable customers
o opportunities for strategic products including specific competitive targets
• using full execution and CRM compliance to ensure all opportunities are managed systematically and fully tracked in CRM
• execute a Conditions of Satisfaction (COS) agreement on each engaged sales opportunity
• Help orchestrate partner and company resources to drive opportunities to closure.
• Prioritize opportunities in pipeline for sales execution
• Leverage technical and licensing knowledge to maximize the utilization of of company products within the account base. Up-sell and Cross-sell into existing opportunities is essential for success.
Culture of team:
• The Public Sector inside Sales team is a long tenured team. This role will need to be able to drive credibility with that team quickly. This role requires close teaming with internal territory manager and inside sales specialists to manage the territory as well as local market integration with Partner account managers and their partners. We are driving an increased culture of individual accountability to ensure a performance driven sales culture. A successful candidate will need to embrace and thrive in a sales culture based on results as well behaviour behind a highly disciplined sales process.
Must have skills:
• Current understanding of company products, programs and Public sector licensing
• Sales acumen – proven experience in building a pipe with sufficient coverage and also managing opportunities through to close
• Strong communication, negotiation and problem solving skills
• Ability to get access to and sell to senior IT decisions makers as well as C-level executives.
• Proven Business Acumen to sell to decision makers/influencers (outside of IT) in Accounts
• Ability to orchestrate efforts of team members to achieve overall objectives
• Self-motivated, independent thinker with great enthusiasm for the role and solid
• Bilingualism is required for the role based in Montreal
Nice to have skills:
• Existing relationships with Public Sector accounts and partners in their territory
Educational and Industry Background:
5+ years of related experience in an External sales role.
Bachelor’s Degree – Engineering/Computer Sciences/ Business preferred
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Timeline of the assignment: