Seeking an an Operational Program Manager for our newly formed Emerging Markets Team. This Team is creating strategic infrastructure partnerships and expanding infrastructure, in order to connect the un-and under-connected. The Operational Program Manager will drive multiple complex, cross-functional and high impact programs.
- Work closely with internal teams and our partner teams to drive various projects in emerging markets to a successful completion
- Guide retrospective reviews of completed projects with teams to incorporate lessons learned into team's future roadmaps & goals
- Work with stakeholders to identify and document roadmap/vision for our backbone technology connectivity efforts
- Identify key metrics/measures that will be used to evaluate success and validate the business impact of the program. Work with Analytics team to track ongoing metrics
- Manage expectations of all interested parties – define clear program with key deliverable and milestone dates.
- Maintain program status pages and provide frequent program updates. Identify and communicate risks and adjustments to the overall program.
- Oversee documentation effort with technical writers to ensure key decisions are captured and all necessary documentation for support and troubleshooting are maintained.
- Document end-to-end business process (workflows) as they are defined throughout the program.
- Coordinate regularly with Legal, Compliance, Policy, Tax and Finance, ensuring all governmental regulations are being met and complied with.
- Experience with Internet infrastructure: specifically IP, BGP routing and content proxy caching.
- Analytical and data driven bias, evidenced by experience of business negotiations in the telecommunications.
- Proven infrastructure deployment project management, interpersonal, and communication skills, with attention to detail.
- Program management experience in building scalable networks, defining roadmaps and translating strategic initiatives into tactical, objective programs.
- Ability to collaborate with different individuals across the organization and within other geographies, and "roll-up the sleeves" in order to accomplish all necessary tasks.
- Ability to understand high level architecture for system dependencies and translate these into technical roadmaps.
- Organizational and time management skills. Ability to execute on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to get things done and overcome obstacles.
- Experience in Network Engineering, and Operational environments
- Experience working directly with Network/Carrier Service Providers.
- Bachelor's degree in Communication Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Network Engineering, or related field.