This role is responsible for coordinating event operations throughout the Americas, reporting to the Global Event Operations Manager. The role will triage inbound event requests, be the primary point of contact for regional vendors, ensure contracts and POs are in place for events, and maintain a regional vendor database. The role will assist with maintaining a regional events budget tracker, quarterly forecasting for events, vendor on-boarding, purchasing and procurement, and attendee registration and communication.
- Negotiate contracts and manage suppliers including hotels, off-site venues, caterers and others.
- Maintain regional budget trackers and work with local stakeholders for quarterly forecasting.
- Proven experience in effective communications, consumer and client relations, and management.
- Resourceful and can find a way to make things happen.
- Flexible and quick approach to event challenges.
- Occasional travel throughout the region required.
- Must have experience with purchasing, procurement, or finance for a large multi-national corporation, tech or event experience preferred.
- Customer service and problem solving skills.
- Budgeting and forecasting experience required; contracts and procurement experience preferred.
- Experience managing vendor relationships preferred, especially in the hotel and hospitality industry.
- Experience in creating and implementing timelines.
- Experience working in the events industry, tech experience preferred.
- Project Management skills a plus.
- Excellent communication skills with internal and external partners.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to manage and supervise onsite.