Seattle Aquent is excited to announce an internal opening for an experienced, customer service-oriented operations genius with knowledge of business models for staffing and project outsourcing, to support our Staffing and Studios business units. Between wrangling our vendor management system information flow; mastering our database entry and tracking; pulling together internal reports from a myriad of sources; and providing expert management of our talent payroll; you are certain to be kept on your toes in our dynamic work environment. If you are looking for a company you can call home, a place where people understand that work/life balance isn't just something to put on the company website, and you are ready to offer up your very best in return, then we'd love to hear from you!
What we have to offer:
- Manage VMS tool information flow between tool, Agents, Resource Managers, and the MSP (manage new requisition flow and assign jobs to Agents; manage requisition status changes , manage offer acceptance process, manage accepting amendments , etc).
- Manage database entry and tracking (i.e. entering job orders, extensions, ends, end of assignment feedback, and fills.
- Provide internal reports from Salesforce, Tenrox and internal tools.
- Conduct reference checks, background checks, education verifications, and employment verifications, and internal audits to support the recruiting team.
- Assist with managing our ergonomics program (ergo assessments, equipment orders, coordination, and delivery).
- Manage and execute Talent payroll.
- Manage/process benefits program eligibility.
- Update content of job postings to web site and post jobs to various other sites.
- Coordinate and organize local events.
- Perform various audits to ensure data accuracy with our internal systems (i.e. pre-placement audit).
- Process new hire paperwork and conduct talent employee orientations.
- Manage Unemployment processing.
- Evaluate processes and procedures to identify opportunities for building efficiencies
- Provide account management support as required.
- Manage hardware and software inventory.
- Perform other administrative and operation duties as required and assigned.
- BA/BS Degree in human resources, business, liberal arts, or other related degree and/or equivalent work experience.
- Expert knowledge in Microsoft Office suite and experience with a variety of computer software applications in word processing and database software.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- High level of interpersonal skills.
- Team player attitude and flexible to change
- Must be extremely detail-oriented.
- Analytical ability is required in order to find solutions to various issues and prioritize work.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload.
- Strong customer service skills a must.
- Knowledge of business models for staffing and project outsourcing.
What we have to offer:
- Excellent health and welfare benefits
- Work/life balance
- Generous 401(k) plan
- Paid sick and vacation days
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Use of Aquent’s Hawaii house and Florida beach house
- Flexible spending accounts
If you experience technical difficulties while applying, please send email to: ebennettATaquent.com