We operate data centers around the world and our operations group functions as a strong unified team. The Global Operations Assurance Team is looking for a Developer to support our global program in monitoring and translating compliance findings and action items to a centralized TFS/VSO tracking system for mission critical Data Centers.
We need someone with a global “big picture” vision and the experience to back it up. You will support a 24 x 7 Global business. We need you to be our Subject Matter Expert for Operations Management and provide guidance and support for ongoing readiness and compliance to policy, standards and processes. You will utilize TFS/VSO, SharePoint and Power BI to drive automation, and support action tracking, assessment and reporting, taking the initiative and every opportunity to assess, evaluate, analyze and report on areas of best practices, gaps, lessons learned and opportunities. You will contribute to the improved efficiency and performance of teams by helping to streamline and operationalize recurring tasks and responsibilities with a dedicated eye to identify areas where labor or responsibility can be centralized to ease the burden from site Operations where appropriate.
You will be responsible for the development and implementation of Global Assurance initiatives, including engagements with other teams.
- Manage projects and initiatives within defined scope and timelines.
- Collaborate with Program Managers in defining business and functional requirements.
- Understand business requirements and translate into tooling features.
- Maintain and develop software solutions by studying information needs, analyzing systems work flows and processes, data usage and management, investigating problem areas, and following the SDLC model.
- Develop automation mechanisms to reduce manual tasks.
- Analyze, develop, and track Global and Regional reporting.
- Standardized documentation maintenance, review, and update.
- Provide situation and status briefings to leadership team as appropriate.
- Be open to taking on additional responsibilities in order to support the Global Operations Program – this may mean helping with documentation and training development, document review and professional communications to Line and Senior level management.
- Ability to program in at least one programming language such as C#, C++, Java, etc.
- Proficient with SQL.
- Familiar with automation scripting.
- Experience and understanding of SharePoint, TFS/VSO and Power BI will be critical
- Demonstrated understanding of risk, security and quality control.
- Ability to manage, prioritize and execute multiple concurrent mission-critical projects as well as balance competing demands for resources and adapt to changing priorities.
- Proven ability to motivate disparate teams both direct and indirect to solve issues.
- Proven ability to apply clear critical thinking in complex, stressful situations.
- Requires excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Proven experience as a leader and team-builder.
- Proven track record in process and procedure development and execution.
- Provide meaningful and timely reporting for weekly metrics.