Location: San Francisco
Start Date: August 12, 2013
End Date: February 2, 2013
Our client, a fortune 500 software company, is looking for a Media Manager!
JOB TITLE: Online Media Manager
REPORTING TO: Sr. Manager, Global Media Strategy
POSITION SUMMARY: The responsibility of the Online Media Manager is to help drive awareness, preference and leads for our client through various media activities primarily web advertising campaigns. The Online Media Manager will be responsible for managing and optimizing media buys across the organization on a global level. They will help manage the global agency network, keeping up with best practices and coordinating campaigns with multiple campaign managers in multiple markets. Responsibilities extend to aligning with the SEO and Web Analytics team to leverage synergies and implement proper measurement and reporting.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop online media strategies for our client's Industry and Product initiatives
• Responsible for ensuring clear KPIs are set and met
• Develop process and best practices documentation and instill globally
• Facilitate with campaign MarCom Managers within different industry segments
• Track and share online media trends, including social media learnings and competitive landscape information
• Coordinate with Industry marketing and Field marketing to share key learnings with marketing teams overseas
• Champion investment optimization which will drive awareness and stimulate customer demand
• Deepen organizational competency in using analytics/metrics to guide decisions
• Work with Web Analytics teams to ensure proper HBX/Ominiture tracking and other campaign metric are in place
• Set up campaign tracking within internal and external systems
• Monitor campaigns and proactively initiate changes to increase success metrics of the campaign
• Manage external agencies to ensure media buys are achieving campaign expectations
• Create and optimize pay-per-click campaigns, managing budgets and ROI
• Review and maintain ad copy/keywords for paid search campaigns
• Edit and proofread paid search campaign copy and analyze results of copy revisions per keyword.
• Interface with web team to develop and test new portals
• Liaison with vendors to ensure accurate data is provided to the Web Analytics team
• Monitor campaigns to help ensure that no marketing or sales teams are overlapping efforts
• Research new trends & lead tests on new campaign components
• Key liaison to manage and track performance of external online media agencies
• Experience in developing global media strategies
• Experience in managing external media agencies
• Experience in providing training and education
• General desire to keep on top of media trends (social, SEM, banner)
• Experience in Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools, keyword research tools, and Omniture/SiteCatalyst web metrics tools
• Team-oriented; professional and cooperative attitude
• Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications or equivalent area of study.
• 4 years + experience in SEM and media management.
• 2+ years of experience working with Google and/or other relevant search engine toolsets on pay-for-performance search products as well as Omniture/SiteCatalyst preferred.
• Agency experience a plus
• Familiarity with the benefits of synchronizing multiple media touchpoints
• Must have experience in leading business and investment strategy as well as demonstrate the ability to drive results
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Understanding of online marketing a must
Ideal candidate background:
Ad agency experience in an account management role
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Location: San Francisco