ONLINE MARKETING MANAGER
START DATE: ASAP
CONTRACT: 3 MONTHS
LOCATION: SAN FRANCISCO
** A FORTUNE 500 RETAIL COMPANY IS LOOKING FOR AN EXCEPTIONAL ONLINE MARKETING MANAGER! **
You will be responsible for effectively managing a substantial marketing budget to maximize mobile installs, bookings and achieving aggressive growth and ROI goals by working with the rest of the mobile marketing team, partner functions (e.g. product, finance, analytics), an external agency, and third party partners/vendors, like Google and Apple.
- Must understand (or have experience in) direct-response customer acquisition, performance marketing, superior analytical skills, and possess a blend of technical & business savvy.
- Drive and own the global mobile app marketing acquisition campaigns with our mobile agency to ensure strategy is implemented and evolves via rigorous test & learn, and campaigns achieve performance targets.
- Dive into the data to detect patterns and uncover insights to optimize our mobile marketing efforts. Push the agency for data-driven recommendations and optimization, so decisions are grounded in facts.
- Report on and drive actions for campaign and overall mobile performance.
- Drive monthly/quarterly presentations to executives, other marketing teams, and internal stakeholders. This includes working with regional leads/liaisons to define business needs for mobile, as well as performing regular status updates to communicate results.
- Build and maintain external relationships. Work with various mobile media partners directly and/or through the agency to understand their strengths & weaknesses, make spend allocations based on learnings, and push suppliers to perform through optimizations, new products or different buying models. Push the agency for competitive intelligence around new products & technologies and test different offerings to diversify your campaigns. Learn and apply industry best practices.
- Lead test-and-learn efforts - this includes driving a hypothesis-driven approach (i.e. scientific method), gather and analyze data in a rigorous statistical manner, and uncover insights to optimize marketing efforts and inform future testing.
- Establish processes to streamline execution of marketing efforts - reporting, monitoring, and optimization. Help to create a playbook of best practices to be used globally to manage mobile marketing.
- BA/BS; MBA preferred
- Prior experience in performance marketing in the e-commerce and/or online marketing space
- Proven track record of defining and executing key analyses with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated experience in modeling, analysis, research, and presentation creation
- Expert level knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- SQL knowledge a plus
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills (externally and internally at all levels)
- Aptitude to operate and thrive in a multi-tasking, fast-paced environment
- A professional ‘get it done’ attitude and work ethic