This role assumes responsibility for the execution of online tactics designed to optimize and enrich the representation and findability of company’s products on their website. This role will assist in efforts to increase online product category sales and conversion, accomplished through the execution of a series of online activities and tactics including (but not limited to):
• The optimization and publishing of online product descriptions
• The creation and management of product-related meta data required to optimize onsite search
• The assessment of search result relevancy for natural, onsite and paid search terms
Major responsibilities and duties:
This role is responsible for the execution of the strategies and tactics associated with optimizing the way products and product categories are presented, merchandised and displayed within search results online. Responsibilities include:
• Optimizing and publishing the online product hierarchy
• Ensuring online hierarchy efforts are aligned with efforts from several key internal business partners, including the Online Merchandising, User Experience, and Product Management teams
• determining the optimal way to group and merchandise like products for online display; executing and maintaining the online grouping strategy
• Partnering with the Product Information team to enforce the consistency of the online product representation, focusing on (but not limited to):
o Product descriptions
o Technical attribute selection & population
o Product imagery
o Alternate terms
o Additional product meta data
• Developing measurement plans and dashboards; monitoring and reporting on critical metrics and KPIs
• Reviewing and interpreting site feedback; translating findings into strategic action
• Benchmarking the companies online shopping experience versus its competitors; translating findings into strategic action
• Reviewing high traffic search terms and ensuring the corresponding landing pages that are used for SEO, paid search and internal search results return relevant results.
• Establishing syntaxes for the curation and publishing of online product descriptions
• Provide support for efforts managed by senior Onsite Search Analysts as needed
• BA/BA or equivalent preferred
•3-5 years of experience in related field preferred
• Degree in Journalism, English, Communications, or Library Science preferred.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in indexing, technical writing, or catalog copywriting preferred.
• Experience with faceted search engines; Endeca and/or Solr preferred
• Industrial supplies expertise or product hierarchy background a plus
• Excellent written and oral skills, coupled with strong editing and proofreading skills
• Demonstrate problem solving and analytical thinking
• Experience doing online and catalog research
• Detail oriented, with the skills to manage simultaneous projects under tight deadlines
• Agility and confidence to handle unplanned situations and changing priorities
• Collaborate with team members
• Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and Lync instant messenger
• Understand database function
• Willingness to experience a long learning curve and openness to feedback from manager and coworkers
• Most of the day is spent on the computer, working in the product database and in Excel.
• Limited travel of up to 10%
Who does this job partner with internally?
• Product Management, User Experience, Online Merchandising, eCommerce Teams (Onsite Search, eMarketing, Planning & Strategy, Online Merchandising, Deployment), ES, Analytics
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs