The Online Content and Communications team within Workforce Development Group is responsible for the maintaining the integrity of all the online reference system for front-line employees and the online reference system for Indirect Agents content. This position is vital to the daily strategic operation of the business in the Areas and ensures that the most recent information is always available for the field.
The consultant position is responsible for updating, creating and maintaining this reference and performance support content.
Authoring of online content and performance support materials
• Input and maintain all topic content into the appropriate categorization including policies, processes, procedures etc. in a concise and timely manner
• Author content to align with provided writing guidelines and voice
• Appropriately tag content with metadata to improve content reuse and ensure correct placement within online resources
• Work with Product Management team to author various support content
• Designs content that enables the successful implementation of Verizon initiatives
• Participates on core teams in support of developing and drafting online and performance support content
• Work directly with Marketing, Customer Service and Sales to ensure correct and accurate product presentation
• Capture operational business requirements in written form in a way that is easy to use for the end-user (customer facing retail, telesales, customer service, etc)
• Design and/or load documents and references into online resources
• Partner cross-functionally with communications team to launch online resources and communications concurrently
General Knowledge Management Support
• Proactively identify performance reinforcement needs and process improvement ideas
• Participate in online reference tool development, standardization, and enhancement projects
• Participate in UAT testing of different Enterprise Content Management and Knowledge Management Application enhancements
• Assist team with topic clean-up and other content improvement initiatives
• Bachelor's degree and equivalent work experience
• 2+ years authoring experience in training development or technical writing
• Background in knowledge management including understanding of Taxonomy, Metadata, and HTML
• Microsoft Suite proficiency - Strong, thorough knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Office Applications including Word, Outlook and Excel, or other document preparation tools
• Strong business acumen
• 2+ years wireless experience
• Experience with a Content Management System (such as Documentum or Adobe CQ5)
• Ability to identify gaps in process
• Ability to ask the right questions
• Strong technical writing skills, understanding of content modeling and metadata
• Exceptional and proven presentation, verbal, and written communication skills
• In-depth knowledge and thorough understanding of policies, procedures and functions
• Ability to effectively negotiate solutions and deadlines with others at all levels of the business
• Ability to effectively consult and communicate with internal teams
• Must be able to meet tight deadlines and have a strong customer focus
• Independent worker, self-motivated and strong decision-maker
• Ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment and provide rapid turn-around on deliverables
• Strength in managing time, multi-tasking, and advanced organizational skills
• Well-developed problem solving and analytical skills
• Teamwork oriented
• Working knowledge of web-based applications
• Ability to effectively relay complex information to others in any level of the business
• Proven ability to cross organization/department lines and interface with all levels of management to achieve project success.
• Demonstrated ability to be flexible and work in a high-energy, dynamic, and sometimes unstructured environment.
• Conflict management skills
• Available to work occasional evenings and/or weekends as needed for support of specific product, process, or system launches.
• Some Travel required.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs