The mission of this tech giant's online store is to profitably showcase its technology and illuminate the innovation story by transforming the buying and ownership experience for devices, software and services in a mobile first, cloud first world. As we grow the online store business in Canada, they are looking for a high-energy category manager to drive the store’s expansion our key markets.
Your role as the Software Category Manger is to develop and deliver the category strategies that drive our online sales in Canada. You will also be responsible for driving the business against targets, helping to support strong partnerships with Business Group (BGs) counterparts, developing deep business and customer insights and sharing best practices; all to help define and execute our category marketing plans. The position requires a self-starter who can proactively work within an ambiguous environment demonstrating problem solving skills and the ability to effectively communicate with varied audiences.
Support Digital Store Lead for Canada
- Help define the sales and marketing plans for software across various Direct Channel properties.
- Review and manage business performance against unit, revenue and contribution margin targets through weekly business review updates.
- Align with BGs and Consumer Devices Groups to ensure the Online Store campaigns, offers, product road map, etc. is consistent across online and offline experiences in the Subsidiaries.
- Partner with the BG to develop new category opportunities, launch pilot programs and refine our offers and sales scenarios
- Partner with Buyer teams to ensure Product Road maps and allocations are aligned.
- Consolidate and document learning and best practices throughout the fiscal year and share accordingly
- Coordinate activities with regional and HQ store online teams
Help drive business and customer Insights
- Develop deep business and customer insights based on triangulation of data across our sales and marketing touch-points, Web reporting data and end-customer research
- Communicate insights to key stakeholders of the Store team (Online & Retail), including the Demand Generation team, Merchandising team, Marketing team as well as BG counterparts.
- Support the partnership with BG stakeholders on business intelligence and consumer insights needs to help influence product and promotion road map
As the leader for this key area of our business, you will be measured by how well you drive revenue across the product offerings, improve customer satisfaction as well as show clear alignment with the Retail Store counterparts and BG partners.
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience - proven thought leadership and results leading marketing and/or sales for consumer and small business products and services over the past 5-7+ years
- A deep understanding of digital & e-commerce marketing for multiple product categories, with the ability to translate marketing needs into program execution & online analytics experience
- A track record of exceptional partnering across a wide-array of internal business groups, stakeholders and execution partners with demonstrated exceptional cross group skills
- An ability to manage relationships with subsidiary peers to leverage campaign activities as appropriate from other subs, as well as drive global integration and adoption of marketing guidance
- An entrepreneurial spirit that is passionate about building businesses within a fast paced environment, while changing the way customers perceive our brand and our products
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with experience in project management strongly preferred
- A character that exemplifies the values of integrity, honesty, openness, personal excellence, constructive self-criticism, continual self-improvement, and mutual respect
- Superior verbal, written, and presentation skills in English. (French a plus!!)