The Global Consumer Insights (GCI) –Research Analyst will partner closely with the GCI Associate Manager in the execution of Funlab initiatives: Funlab formal research projects, Preschool weekly program, Dedicated Day programs, and OTG (On The Go) research program as they relate to toys, games and entertainment. Provide support with Funlab’s vast Recruiting Business. In addition, the Research Analyst will interact and assist the Director of Global Funlab as needed.
The Fun Lab is a team-oriented group, and we need someone who is able to work with us, but also be self-sufficient, flexible, and able to hit the ground running independently when handed a project.
- Support Funlab Observational / Qualitative Research Studies: will moderate baseline observational research sessions with children of all ages and moms, assist in analyzing data from research observations, surveys, journals, to support research objectives, product development, and future planning of a concept under review.
- Manages all aspects of baseline observational projects assigned by Funlab Management, including identifying observational market research needs/objectives, designing research methodology, developing questionnaires, coordinating research stimuli, implementing and analyzing research and reporting on findings.
- Works with internal clients, research counterparts, and cross-functional teams (QA, Engineering, Packaging, Advance Technology, etc.) to integrate all areas of learning.
- Communicates Research Findings
- Conducts thorough and careful exploratory observational evaluations, effectively prioritizes tasks and projects to deliver quality opportunities and recommendations.
- Communicates research findings via reports and debriefs to marketing and R&D management and to ensure clear understanding of information and product development implications.
- Manages resources effectively to deliver results within the project requirements (objectives, schedule and costs).
- Consistently ensures the integrity and correct interpretation of all observational/qualitative research information.
- Responsible for staying current with market research methodologies.
Field Recruiter Responsibilities
- Calls to potential candidates for specific research studies.
- Conducts Market Research surveys via telephone.
- Supports management with all the recruiting logistics involved with market research engagements such as observational research studies, focus groups, shop-alongs, mass-mailing of surveys, in-home testing, etc.
- Recruiting responsibilities: screening, interviewing, scheduling successful placements via telephone to participate in upcoming observations and confirming their attendance 24 hours in advance of project.
- Create database record for the candidate.
- Assists with maintaining a database of recruiting sources and candidates pool
- Full Operative of Video and Audio Equipment during research studies
- Returning daily phone calls-explaining various Fun Lab programs offered
- Arranging testing rooms for optimal research approach.
- Meet and greet Fun Lab participants involved with pre-recruited studies and giving out incentives
Educational Background and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in related area (i.e., Early Childhood, Psychology, and/or Research)
- Teaching and/or coaching experience with Children ages 3 to 12.
- Very strong problem definition and solution skills
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Advanced computer skills – technical proficiencies in PowerPoint, Database Management, Excel and Word
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to present research findings both in a written as well as oral presentation
- Knowledge of children’s developmental stages
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills-
- Excellent written communication skills- link qualitative research findings to management’s objectives and information needs. Write interpretive research reports that present findings succinctly to decision makers so they actively listen and consider recommendations noted.
- Strong working relationships with in-house clients resulting in brand teams seeking advice and respecting Research Manager’s expertise and knowledge of children.
- Conduct group debrief sessions after research studies which involved open exchange of information, learning, and viewpoints on product testing.
Recruiting, interviewing experience
Market Research background
Excellent influencing, verbal and written communication skills
Ability to work in harmony with many different types of personalities
Committed to providing customer service that makes both internal and external customers fell welcome, important, and appreciated.
Ability to preserve confidentiality of information
Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
Ability to prioritize work based on business needs
Self confident, self-motivated and highly organized with strong sense of personal accountability
Strong customer Service skills
Flexible, honest and collaborative team player
Experience using basic computer programs, such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, the Internet,