START DATE: ASAP
CONTRACT: 5 MONTHS
LOCATION: SAN FRANCISCO
** A FORTUNE 500 FASHION COMPANY IS LOOKING FOR AN EXCEPTIONAL ONLINE BUYER! **
The Europe Online Buyer role develops, executes, and communicates merchandise assortment plans, financial plans, and ecomm strategies that support the merchandising, marketing and financial objectives of the department. Buyers drive financial results that maximize sales, inventory and bottom line profitability.
• Develops/decides product assortment, merchandise point of view, shop strategies, key item positioning, and promotional plans; ensuring that the collection is compelling, commercially viable and supports overall business objectives
• Develops seasonal business strategies that meet or exceed financial goals and customer expectations. Performs and/or directs daily activities that supports the merchandising strategies and drives the creation of a simple and compelling product presentation that will inspire the customer to buy. Builds strong partnerships with other members of the cross-functional team and brand counterparts.
• Leads management of the website to create a compelling product experience on the site, to include inspirational merchandise presentation, simple and intuitive category navigation, and clear and accurate product details.
• Create pre-season sales, gross margin and inventory plans by division and department that support product strategies.
• Manage the financial success of the division by meeting sales, gross margin and inventory productivity goals.
• Analyze historical data and current trends to identify risks and opportunities by division/department and class.
• Own open-to-buy forecasts. Present financial forecast and supporting action plans in open-to-buy/monthly forecast meetings.
• Manage and communicate markdown & promotional recommendations and strategies.
• Effectively manage and support 1 direct reports to ensure job satisfaction and future talent development by providing the appropriate tools and training
• Possesses a clear understanding of financial measurements including: sales, gross margin, inventory productivity measures, etc. and how to impact them
• Facility with personal computers, including the ability or aptitude to learn technical applications quickly
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
• 2-3 years as a Merchandiser, Buyer or equivalent
• 2-3 years of retail buying, planning or related analytical experience
• Must be able to operate a computer
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs