Reports to: Senior Continuity Creative
Our client is an award winning, busy and exciting department that provides creative support for the whole business. They pride themselves on the commercial quality of their work, delivering creative design solutions for the platform and network of channels, both on and off air including: channel branding, programme packaging and promotions & commercials.
As part of your role, you’ll be responsible for the development and delivery of on-brand, and engaging Navigation creative for the client's channels, delivering the brand promise through the production of compelling navigation promotion and graphics in response to creative campaigns – and with particular focus on the technical and creative development, production and implementation of the OSP.
As Navigation Development Designer you will:
• Design creative and technical solutions to support the implementation and development of the channel Navigation OSP utilizing Adobe Creative suite and Clarity Broadcast Graphics systems.
• Produce and implement graphic solutions in response to briefs reflecting and expanding Campaign Creative into Continuity and Navigation territory.
• Working with internal stakeholders and external clients to ensure all Navigation output is on brand, to brief, and without fault.
• Oversee end to end testing and ensure safe delivery of Clarity Jobs.
• Manage technical delivery of Navigation elements – Ensuring all material is produced accurately and delivered to deadline, following up problems and issues as they arise.
• Maintain an effective relationship between clients, external agencies and internal stakeholders including Creative, Media, Platform Support and Transmission.
• Develop new treatments and explore Navigation possibilities – seeking to deliver ‘new’ ways to respond to business needs. Including the development of our existing dynamic capabilities into on-air creative.
• Support the Continuity & Navigation Producers in their day to day activity – offering guidance, fault finding and problem resolution.
• Monitor and record associated output.
We are looking for an individual with a passion for television and experience working in a similar large media company.
You will want to help bring channel brands and content to life through great design; and bring ideas to help campaigns stand out from the crowd. We’re after someone who has a strong design aesthetic and is capable of translating brand models and briefs to engaging on-air creative.
You’ll also need to be highly organized, have a keen eye for detail, you’ll also need a keen interest and knowledge of technology, particularly around broadcast graphics; their production and delivery.
You’ll be able to work with individuals at all levels and across departments, to ensure the best possible, accurate and consistent, on-brand creative. You will need to work well as part of a team, have an open and flexible approach to work, be motivated and an exceptional communicator with great enthusiasm.
Skills & Experience
• A passion and enthusiasm for Television.
• Proven creative and technical experience within broadcasting.
• Ability to originate and develop original on-air navigation ideas.
• Capable of implementing and maintaining a rigorous testing procedure.
• A good standard of English language, with accurate spelling and grammar.
• Excellent communication and organisational skills.
• Demonstrable attention to detail and the highest levels of accuracy.
• Knowledge of the Ofcom guidance and codes.
• Knowledge of presentation/promotion/transmission/marketing protocols.
• Good computer skills and knowledge of MS Office suite.
• Highly motivated, strong team player.
A demonstrable knowledge and working experience of Clarity or similar dynamic branding / messaging system.
Knowledge of Ofcom guidelines and codes.
An understanding of broadcast process and technologies for the playout of dynamic graphics, channel branding and messaging systems.
Industry experience Minimum 12 month relevant industry experience.
Working knowledge of media planning, presentation, transmission and marketing protocols.
A demonstrable knowledge and working experience of editing and design software such as Final Cut, Adobe Creative suite – Premiere, Audition etc.
Strong computer skills and knowledge of MS Office suite / Mac utilities
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Reports to: Senior Continuity Creative