We’re looking for an expert to help our client name the many things they make and do. You’ll be a core member of the Brand Management team, responsible for developing naming options and systems across products, programs, initiatives, events, and more.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Conducting the naming development process for individual names and naming systems across the company
- Managing multiple naming requests and partnering with teams across our organization through the naming process
- Managing third-party creative agencies in the naming development process
- Illustrating naming systems so teams understand how they come to life
- Ongoing implementation of the brand architecture strategy through naming
- Aid in evolution of naming guidelines to support the master brand architecture (e.g., creation of family brands, partnerships, new-to-the-world technologies, endorsements)
- Conduct “name-storms” with internal teams
- Coordinate legal approval and trademark searches for names
- Work with Insights team to incorporate naming research as needed
- BA/BS degree in any field (In lieu of degree, relevant skills or minimum 10+ years experience).
- 5-7+ years of naming experience either in an agency or in-house
- Ability to generate names and nomenclature systems, present to senior management as needed
- Ability to ensure that names support a masterbrand architecture and clearly communicate value propositions
- Experience naming across the spectrum - literal, suggestive, and fanciful
- Experience working with teams to define name types and criteria; name generation, evaluation, and sell-in, including creating sell-in materials that bring the names to life so your clients/partners can choose the right one for their project.
- Ability to lead, influence, and negotiate with partners to accomplish shared goals
- Multi-task and manage follow-up, and demonstrate the ability to work and lead multiple projects
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels of management.
- Ability to build and maintain constructive working and communications relationships with a diverse community of technical and nontechnical audiences.