Multimedia Design Specialist
Vitamin T has a new client who is seeking a temporary multimedia design specialist. The role will serve as an integral member of the Integrated Marketing and Communications (IMC) team to support the development and delivery of high quality, effective marketing and communications materials related to institutional identity, in-house client support, and brand development across multiple platforms.
Serves as an integral member of their newly structured Integrated Marketing and Communications (IMC) team to support the development and delivery of high-quality marketing and communications promotional materials related to institutional identity, in-house client support, and brand development. Creates original layouts and designs for a variety of traditional print media and multimedia platforms to enhance the institution’s visual image and strategic initiatives.
- 60% Designs and prepares high-quality original layouts and designs for a variety of media platforms including web, promotions, posters, brochures, postcards, digital cards and publications.
- Works to incorporate the visual identity and branding to maintain a unified and consistent look across publications, digital and other media outlets.
- 20% Collaborates across the organization, acting as an in-house agency resource, with internal clients to determine project requirements and priorities ensuring timely production of high-quality promotional materials.
- Coordinates with the business operations and procurement resources to prepare digital files and invoices appropriately for vendors to meet production deadlines within the project budget.
- 10% Works collaboratively with the project teams to ensure that high-quality marketing materials are produced promptly for clients.
- Reviews proofs and offers constructive critiques of designs and throughout the brand review process.
- Ensures that design and technical skills are kept current through on-the-job training, review of professional publications and training.
- 5% Performs administrative functions to support multimedia design production including archiving project files, updating project tracking and effectively using project management software (such as BaseCamp) in an efficient and timely manner.
- Assists in the maintenance of inventory and supplies related to design.
- Effective Communication – Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Technology Communication –Ability to understand and be able to communicate multimedia design concepts based on demographics of audience and constituents.
- Train/Direct Others – Ability to effectively train/mentor on multimedia design.
- Working Relationships – Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships, and work collaboratively in a team atmosphere.
- Meeting Deadlines – Ability to meet project deadlines.
- Attention to Detail – Ability to perform accurately in a detail oriented environment.
- Prioritize and Multi-task – Ability to prioritize, organize and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously. Ability to review project work, quantities, costs, quality, and completeness.
- Computer Application Knowledge – Knowledge of applicable Macintosh and PC applications and basic computer functions.
- Computer Software & Systems – Knowledge of applicable computer software and operating/content managing systems, including Apple Final Cut Pro, PowerPoint, and Avid as well as Adobe Creative Suite, Acrobat, InDesign, Illustrator, PhotoShop, Flash,
Dreamweaver, and Director.
- Media Technology & Trends – Knowledge of current media technology and trends.
- Programming Languages – Knowledge of standard programming languages, Including C++, HTML, Java, and ActionScript Coding. -- NOT REQUIRED, but nice to have.
- Editing/Proofreading – Ability to write and/or proofread and edit publications and materials for a variety of multimedia platforms.
- Web Design – Knowledge of web design and development is helpful
- Independence – Ability to perform assigned responsibilities with minimal to moderate supervision.
- Graphic Design Layout – Knowledge of the principles and techniques used in publication layout and design, including the use of type, color, paper, composition, graphics, and photography.
- Knowledge of offset printing techniques and limitations as related to parameters for designing print materials.
- Graphic Images – Skill in analyzing and determining the most appropriate media for the creation of graphic images.
- Computer Assisted Graphics – Knowledge of computer-assisted graphics and associated peripherals, digital cameras, and related equipment.
A Bachelor's degree in a related field and two years relevant experience or a combination of relevant post high school education and experience equal to six years. Experience applying technical skills and creative talents towards a wide range of projects. Experience creating original layouts and designs for a variety of platforms to include traditional print media, web, and multimedia. Must have the ability to coordinate and oversee multiple projects simultaneously while working within a project team environment. This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check and compliance with the organization's confidentiality policies.
Bachelor's degree. Experience quoting and managing print jobs, as well as working with printers. Macintosh knowledge, good working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and experience with Microsoft Office. Organized and detail-oriented. Ability to meet tight deadlines.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Multimedia Design Specialist