The editor and motion graphics artist is responsible for all phases of post-production including editing videos with existing assets and creating original assets for motion graphic animations.
Major Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
• (40%) Editing: Use Adobe Creative Cloud to create high quality, polished, and creatively edited videos that are distribution ready. Candidate should have experience syncing multi-camera footage, color grading RAW (C-Log, S-Log) footage, mixing audio, and creating graphics and lower thirds. The editor must have a strong understanding of video codecs and compression for final output and distribution.
• (40%) Motion Graphics: Conceptualize, visualize, and design animation/motion-graphics/kinetic typography that informs and engages audiences. Produce animated graphics, lower thirds, logos, and bumpers.
• (20%) Production: Assist in video shoots as needed as a second camera operator, grip, or on-set DIT (Digital Imaging Technician).
• Minimum of three (3) years of experience editing video content to be ready for distribution.
• Minimum of three (3) years of experience producing simple to complex motion graphics in After Effects
• Minimum of three (3) years of experience color grading footage.
• Minimum of three (3) years of experience mixing audio in post-production.
• Demonstrated interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
• Ability to communicate media technology information and limitations to non-technical personnel.
• Demonstrated deep knowledge of media production best practices, technologies and processes.
• Prioritization skills to multi-task under pressure and within short time constraints.
Preferred Work Experience and Qualifications:
• One (1) year experience creating 3D animation.
• One (1) year of experience as a producer and/or director.
• Two (2) years of experience operating video cameras such as Canon C300 MKII or Sony FS7.
• Three (3) years of experience post-production sound design.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required.
• High School Diploma or General Education Development required.
• Continuing education to keep up with current trends in media production.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs