Help us change the way people think about cars and technology. The Automotive Team is re-imagining the next generation of in-car information and entertainment experiences. We are looking for a motivated and experienced Motion Designer with the ability to improve user experiences with motion design and create a series of interactive prototypes for in-car dash systems. The Motion Designer will join the team on its early design phases and the interactive prototypes he/she produces will help the team refine and evolve the experience based on user feedback.
The candidate will be part of a team of UX designers, user researchers, program managers and software engineers. We’re looking for someone that is forward-thinking and willing to challenge and provoke new ways to use technology in the car. This position requires strong design, prototyping, communication, and organization skills, and the ability to work across teams. You'll also be expected to quickly broaden your technical understanding as new technologies become available. A deep understanding of our customers and creating great product experiences is a must.
The ideal Motion Designer will have a clear understanding of each facet of the design process: information architecture + interaction design, research + usability, rapid prototyping, visual + motion design, brand integration, and content creation.
What you’ll be doing
- Work primarily with User Experience Designers to ensure the motion design enhances the overall user experience
- Produce motion boards/animatics, storyboards, sketching, motion studies, interactive prototypes, and other artifacts required to develop and evolve user experience designs
- 5+ years of experience in motion graphics design
- Leadership and technical skills to drive motion design from concept to completion
- An open-minded, creative and human-centered approach to problem solving
- Passion for creating simple, playful, and seamless product experiences
- A strong interest in design and technology trends. Familiarity with current automotive infotainment design paradigms is a plus.
- Work samples that show excellent motion graphics design and interactive prototyping skills
Skills you’ll need
- Considerable experience in a relevant design industry
- Extremely strong motion and visual sensibilities, ability to use motion and visual thinking, storyboards, sketching, and communication design to create breakthrough motion design
- Ability to quickly create interactive prototypes to be used in iterative usability studies.
- Deep understanding of fundamental visual design disciplines (typography, iconography, composition, color, composition, layout, etc.)
- Meticulous sense of detail and ability to seek out simple solutions to complex design challenges
- Familiarity with user scenarios, task flows, conceptual models, competitor analysis, and heuristic analysis
- Experience in delivering production assets to development counterpart on time and with quality
- Proficiency with After Effects (expert level), Photoshop, Illustrator, and all related business and design tools
- Ability to quickly produce stunning and elegant motion studies
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs