As a member of the Consumer Display Ads UX team for 6+ months at a Fortune 500 multi-national technology company, Motion Designers will focus on creating beautiful, engaging video and motion design systems for ad format products.
Here, Motion Designers weave video assets, animation, audio, iconography, typography, color, space and texture together to help the users better understand and feel engaged with the products. The client believes that all of their products should be beautiful and accessible. You’ll rely on user-centered design principles to produce high-quality video templates and motion design components and principles. Like all of their UX jobs, you’ll collaborate with fellow designers to constantly refine the design language and create innovative, great-looking products that people love to use.
- BA/BS degree in motion design related discipline (e.g. motion design, interaction, film, graphic, visual communications, product), HCI, CS, or a related field.
- 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator and/or Sketch.
- Experience creating videos and/or motion graphics.
- 4 years of relevant experience.
- Experience prototyping and/or implementing designs with HTML/CSS and/or mobile SDKs.
- Experience collaborating with user researchers, content strategists, product managers, and/or engineers.
- Core design skills; ability to establish visual hierarchy, use of motion, animation, layout, typography, and color effectively.
- Considerable success as a motion designer, evangelist, creative director, or design consultant working with web or mobile technologies.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities on tight deadlines without compromising quality. Strong command of web design or mobile design landscapes.
- Communicate effectively in a cross-functional product development team and present ideas and designs effectively.
- Develop motion design concepts that are flexible and scalable
- Present the motion design systems so information is easy to read, easy to understand and easy to find.
- Produce After Effect templates, illustrations, icons, diagrams, templates, and style guideline documents for use in developer documentation.
- Take input/requirements from multiple stakeholders across different organizations.
- Participate in regular design reviews and other team-wide design efforts.