We are impacting the world in the AR and VR space. How often can you say that you are designing visual feedback that will revolutionize an industry. We are looking for a talented Motion Designer to design new UI’s, Motion studies, and a multitude of visual feedback that is all new ground in the AR/VR space. This person will ideally have extensive motion concepting expertise, knowledge of interactive principles, functional design exploration skills, 3D package experience, and excellent collaboration and communication skills.
- Strike a balance between interfaces are that pleasing to the eye as well as efficient and purpose-built
- Integrate and provide feedback to other design disciplines on the team
- Create and present motion designs and studies that bring user stories to life for a wide audience
- Identify, articulate and iterate on new design patterns suitable across multiple products and workflows
- Assist in the production of guides, vision demos, and prototypes.
About the Team
You’ll help design and ship breakthrough experiences that impact how millions of people use our products and services every day. Our team is part of a group chartered to do just that for entertainment content. This group most recently helped drive and ship our virtual reality device as well as delivering several of the launch titles. Our aspirations are simple – we want to positively impact the world of entertainment, improve people’s lives, delight our customers, and help discover (and ship) new experiences that revolutionize the entertainment industry. Currently we are branching out to VR; mandate program, demo for the need, work on actual apps that we release ourselves (apps that we release to the store), EAP (early access program) – uses companies need VR for and make real application for them.
Day to Day
You will work closely with a team of UI/UX designers, art directors, technical artists, and software engineers in a highly collaborative environment. You will help with visualizing UI’s, hydrations, motion graphics – work with Art Director and bring new ideas visually, pre-vis work not implementation (paired with tech artist and dev)
- 4+ years of experience preferred, 2+ years as a professional Motion Designer or equivalent
- A strong portfolio that includes a reel that demonstrated your skills in 3D motion graphics and graphic design. Your portfolio should show graphics (what you actually created – not just converting someone else’s graphics into motion)
- Passion for invention, human computer interaction, and seamless user experiences
- The ability to wear many hats and contribute across disciplines.
- Expertise in a 3D Package, Maya, 3dsmax, or Cinema 4d. Unity experience is a plus!
- Understanding of animation – take ideas and quickly flush them out
- A history of prototyping new experiences built on new or emerging technology is a big plus
- Experience working on a multi-disciplinary team
- Self-motivated and comfortable with the ambiguities inherent in incubation work
- Fearless in the face of new hardware, software, tools, and processes
- 1+ years knowledge of user-centered design approaches and interaction design best practices
- Strong brainstorming skills, from participation to implementation.
- The ability to reduce complex concepts to understandable, actionable tasks
- A strong interest in design and technology and trends, with an eye toward the future