Will work primarily on mobile assets, but can move to full site functions depending on need
Hiring Manager is looking for an inspiring Mobile User Experience Architect to join the UX team that’s passionately focused on creating time-saving and headache-reducing digital experiences across a variety websites, brands and channels.
Major responsibilities and duties: The Senior User Experience Architect will support and report to UX Management and will work with a multi-discipline design team including user researchers, usability testers, visual designers and front end developers.
This critical role will play a key part in defining, shaping and crafting digital solutions by delivering outstanding user-centered designs in support of web and mobile experiences.
• Provide input on plans for delivery and release schedules for the UX disciplinary track
• Quickly capture and assimilate information from a variety of sources; responsible for translating business requirements and user needs into innovative design solutions that are engaging, valuable and usable.
• Distill goals, constraints and risks into well thought-out plans. Prioritize tasks, manage expectations, mitigate risks and offer creative approaches to achieving design solutions even in the context of challenging constraints.
• Create project briefs, presentations, user flows, site maps, taxonomies, wireframe specifications and other necessary documentation to communicate the recommended user experience to internal stakeholders and development teams.
• Collaborate with user research on activities like usability studies to understand customer behavior, refine design approaches, and validate solutions.
• Brainstorm, research, wireframe, design, and iterate user experiences within specified product requirements and deadlines.
• Work closely with a cross-functional team that includes developers, system architects, product managers, subject matter experts and program managers.
Requirements: Years of experience: 3 - 7 years
Background in user interface design, information architecture, interaction design, human factors, and other related UX disciplines.
BS/BA degree in design, technology, psychology, human factors or HCI is preferred.
• iPhone, iPad, and Android application design (experience with all OSs preference but not required)
• mobile web design
• complex transactional experiences (i.e. e-commerce businesses, financial, account driven applications, etc.)
• must have a strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience and deliverables (i.e.: wireframes, user flows, site maps, research, etc.)
• Expertise and Axure, Visio, and Adobe Suites preferred.
Impact on organization:
Need not be a senior level,
Can be junior but mobile experience and visual design background is desired