We are a fast moving, agile team using the latest technologies to build native & web applications. As part of the team, you will have the opportunity to work across the various platforms on the latest innovative technologies and tools.
We’re seeking a passionate, creative, self-starting, get-it-done UX Engineer. You will work side-by-side with world class Designers and Engineers to help preserve design integrity throughout the product development lifecycle.
We’re looking for a results-oriented collaborator who is a nimble engineer with keen design sensibilities. You have experience interpreting designs into fully functional interactive experiences, and do the job quickly and efficiently. You work in and with new technologies, and can quickly and smoothly learn to use new tools. You must “get” designers and have a clear understanding of the design process - interaction design, usability, visual design, and motion graphics - and demonstrate an ability to merge this with established development processes. You will also help establish new processes and tools within the studio that will evolve the way we design and build products.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Develop UI for new features and add polish (fit and finish) to existing features
- Refining complex prototypes
- Manage your work to meet tight deadlines and ensure consistent quality
- Coordinate with UX and Engineering teams to ensure interaction and visual designs are implemented according to design specs and motion comps
- Communicate clearly and effectively with project teams in all stages of design and development
- 2+ years of iOS or Android development experience in Swift + Objective and/or Java + Kotlin
- Strong communication skills. Ability to work well in a collaborative team environment
- Demonstrated ability to respond positively to changing requirements
- Proven ability to manage yourself and others to meet deadlines and move projects forward
- Ability to identify problems or inefficiencies, propose solutions, and drive demonstrable improvements
- Familiarity with SCRUM and Agile methodologies
- Experience with source control software and methods like git, SVN, Mercurial, etc.
- Ability to debug app crashes, memory leaks and complex UI issues
- iOS: Experience working with Interface Builder and Auto Layout
- Android: Experience working with XML and Android WYSIWYG
- Experience with SQL or similar languages
- Experience with React Native is a plus
- Expertise with HTML and CSS, including CSS preprocessors (LESS, SASS, SCSS)