Title: Mobile UX Designer
Location: South Seattle
Duration: 1/26/2015 - 1/25/2016
The candidate will be part of a team that is responsible for extending and evolving the functionality of customer and employee applications. They need to be someone that is forward-thinking and willing to challenge and provoke new ways to connect with our customers. This position requires strong organization and communication skills, and the ability to work across teams. Because of their connection to the user experience community, the candidate will want to quickly communicate customer and device implications as new technologies become available. They’ll also want to be deeply passionate about getting to know our customers, and creating great product experiences for them while balancing the goals and requirements of the business.
The candidate will work closely with a team of UI Designers, Product Managers, Development and QA professionals in a highly collaborative environment. Strong communication and collaboration skills are necessary.
• Design user-friendly experiences for the suite of customer and employee applications.
• Generate ideas in the form of wireframes, prototypes, sketches, storyboards, site maps, mockups, flow diagrams, or comps to clearly communicate interaction concepts
• Assist the creative and product teams in ideation exercises to push the boundaries of mobile design
• Conduct user research and observe customer behavior
• Stay on top of the latest industry trends and mobile OS releases
• Create design specifications (i.e., redlines and style guides)
• Evaluate prototypes with stakeholders to see how they map to various business and customer needs
• Be an end-user advocate, driving user needs and goals into both creative and pragmatic design solutions
• Work directly with UI designers to maintain UX integrity and extend the brand experience
• Work with the design team to communicate with the development team, including producing redlines, guidelines, and other communication methods to help retain the vision of the customer experience
• Assist in the creative execution of ideas and concepts
• A BA/BS or higher degree in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, User Experience, Information Design, or related degree and/or equivalent work experience
• 5+ years of relevant work experience
• Deep knowledge and application of user-centered design approaches and interaction design best practices
• Deep understanding of user interface patterns for native mobile (iOS/Android/Windows Phone) and mobile web preferred.
• Ability to scope and estimate resources and time needed to complete a project
• Experience with agile methodologies (i.e. agile, scrum, kanban, sticky notes)
• 5+ years designing user interfaces, preferably in a professional business environment.
• Expert use of Adobe Creative Suite
• Experience creating interaction prototypes using a range of prototyping and development methods (paper, Photoshop, PowerPoint, Axure, Balsamiq, Mockflow, etc.)
• Experience leading usability studies and synthesizing data into actionable design directions
• A portfolio that clearly demonstrates design innovation and expertise
• Demonstrated ability for strategic problem solving across a wide range of areas and device types
• Team player with a healthy sense of humor
• Exceptional communication skills - the ability to make complex concepts understandable, demonstrate passion and leadership, and posses strong presentation skills
• Self-motivated and self-directed working style, able to drive a project to the given delivery date
• A strong interest in design and technology trends
• Have a passion for quality, innovation, and intention to work for world-class design
• An ability to work through ambiguity and multiple priorities
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Title: Mobile UX Designer