Mobile UX Architect
Location: Downtown Chicago
Duration: Contract to contract 6+ months
Our fortune 500 client is looking for an inspiring Senior User Experience Architect to join the UX team that’s passionately focused on creating time-saving and headache-reducing digital experiences across a variety websites, brands and channels.
Major responsibilities and duties: The Senior User Experience Architect will support and report to UX Management and will work with a multi-discipline design team including user researchers, usability testers, visual designers and front end developers.
This critical role will play a key part in defining, shaping and crafting digital solutions by delivering outstanding user-centered designs in support of web and mobile experiences.
• Provide input on plans for delivery and release schedules for the UX disciplinary track
• Quickly capture and assimilate information from a variety of sources; responsible for translating business requirements and user needs into innovative design solutions that are engaging, valuable and usable.
• Distill goals, constraints and risks into well thought-out plans. Prioritize tasks, manage expectations, mitigate risks and offer creative approaches to achieving design solutions even in the context of challenging constraints.
• Create project briefs, presentations, user flows, site maps, taxonomies, wireframe specifications and other necessary documentation to communicate the recommended user experience to internal stakeholders and development teams.
• Collaborate with user research on activities like usability studies to understand customer behavior, refine design approaches, and validate solutions.
• Brainstorm, research, wireframe, design, and iterate user experiences within specified product requirements and deadlines.
• Work closely with a cross-functional team that includes developers, system architects, product managers, subject matter experts and program managers.
Years of experience: 5 - 7 years
Background in user interface design, information architecture, interaction design, human factors, and other related UX disciplines.
BS/BA degree in design, technology, psychology, human factors or HCI is preferred.
• iPhone, iPad, and Android application design (experience with all OSs preference but not required)
• mobile web design
• complex transactional experiences (i.e. e-commerce businesses, financial, account driven applications, etc.)
• must have a strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience and deliverables (i.e.: wireframes, user flows, site maps, research, etc.)
• Expertise and Axure, Visio, and Adobe Suites preferred.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Mobile UX Architect