The designer role requires a conceptual advertising and branding expert with strong design, leadership and client skills to work across our platform of global networks and brands. We want the new breed of creative – proficient in multiple mediums – from TV to digital, with an insatiable desire to discover new modes of storytelling.
Must have a solid grounding in design and art direction and relish working as part of a team with Writers, Designers, Production, Art Directors, and Account. Will play an integral role supporting the CD in stewarding creative from concept to design through production. Must be very hands-on, produce world-class strategic creative that can compete against rival marketing, advertising, and media. Ability to inspire confidence and trust in clients is critical. Must thrive on pitching and selling ideas. A passion for great creative with knowledge of latest technologies and the evolving world of visual storytelling is essential.
1. Must be able to concept, comp and present innovative integrated campaigns that garner buy-in from peers and clients while netting measurable results
2. Execute and assist in overseeing advertising, marketing and general creative for numerous clients on any of the Discovery Communications’ portfolio of brands
3. Have in-depth knowledge of print, on-air, photography, online, out-of-home, social and ambient campaign creative and production development
4. Partner and collaborate with account service team to understand our clients’ business and marketing needs
5. Must be a team player, able to work within budgets and tight deadlines on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
6. Creative evolution – stay up to date with branding and advertising in all mediums
* 3-5 years advertising/design experience in related fields of study listed above
* 360-degree creative experience including TV and print, strong emphasis on digital
* Well versed in design software including InDesign, Illustrator, and PhotoShop, and web standards
* Excellent typographical and concept design skills essential
* Must be a team player and be able to work on several projects under tight deadline situations
* Experience managing outside vendors (retouchers, artists, photographers)
* Bachelor’s degree or trade school degree in advertising, design or art