We seek an experienced creative copywriter who can rattle a few cages in the B2B and B2C world and deliver distinctive and disruptive thinking and words for creative campaign concepts, engaging headlines and supporting long copy - as well as taking part in namestorming new brands and helping articulate a brand’s DNA.
You will have solid creative agency experience writing intelligent and engaging copy for a wide range of client sectors – especially Financial Services, Technology, FMCG and the Travel industry. Our clients are varied and include the likes of Canon, Heathrow, EY, Sony, Nespresso, AXA, JPMorgan, Kenwood, RBS and Capita as well as numerous varied SMEs.
You will need to be able to think conceptually and creatively, whilst equally be competent and comfortable in producing short copy headlines and long copy for a wide range of advertising, digital, video, eDMs, websites, social and offline media, brochures and marketing and internal comms collateral.
- Producing copy and planning content across designated clients
- Planning, writing and editing high quality copy and copy platforms for different channels across all clients especially integrated campaigns and advertising
- Play a key role in the pitch and new business team and make presentations to clients when required
- Help investigate and distill client briefs, brainstorm and develop concepts and campaigns with the wider creative and account management teams.
- Writing clear, persuasive and original and creative copy
- Creative thinking with lots of imagination, inspiration and ideas
- Experience and understanding of B2B + B2C clients
- Ability to adapt message platforms and copy for different vertical sectors and audiences segments
- Ability to write copy that’s SEO compliant
- Ability to turn sometimes complex technical or financial content into easily understood and engaging copy
- Able to write within brand guidelines and a defined tone of voice
- Acute attention to detail
- Strong client facing communicator, confident in asking questions and leading client copy-briefing calls
- Happy working in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Strong aptitude to team work and building solid relationships with creative and account teams
The role requires a solid understanding of brand strategy, branding and value proposition development / key messages as well as creative tactical execution. Good team liaison and time management skills, the ability to multitask, and intelligently digest information to create insights are all required.
The role might also involve helping with preparing questions and undertaking proposition workshops, undertaking stakeholder interviews along with customer and market research proposition analysis.
Additional assets will be the experience and confidence to help write new business proposals and RFPs, brief design teams, freelance writers and external research companies.
It is expected the candidate will have a university degree in writing, communications, design, marketing etc plus a good number of years agency experience.
The candidate will be based in the Guildford office but will be required to travel to the London office and clients from time to time.
We are looking for a candidate who fits our agency DNA...
- Enthusiastic - self motivated and passionate about building brands that wow and delivering strategies that work.
- Responsive - quick to act, can respond to changing demands and deadlines.
- Collaborative - communicative team player open-minded to work with others.
- Real - says it as it is, lives in the real world, isn’t egotistic or aloof.
- Fun - enjoyable to work with, cheerful, upbeat, sociable with a sense of humor