Reports into: UX Practice Lead
Global Job Family : Product Development
Sub Family: Software Development
A great UX Designer opportunity has arisen with one of the leading companies in financial data in Clapham. Their Data Quality division are transforming to become a software-as-a-service provider, offering a full range of data quality capabilities. They believe that a superb user experience is a fundamental part of this and are looking for a UX Designer to work as part of cross-functional teams to create and re-engineer the client's products and services.
You will be responsible for fulfilling the various UX activities of the User Centred Design (UCD) process within Agile teams, working with Product Owners and other stakeholders to design and improve the products. You will be an advocate of UCD and assist in embedding this methodology across the wider business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with Product Managers, Software Developers and Testers, Architects, Technical Authors and Marketing colleagues to help define and implement end-to-end user experiences that deliver tangible business results within a fast, iterative environment
• Translate research findings into wireframes, functional components, IA and interaction concepts
• Understand the products, marketplace, business and technical strategies, as the background to working on product and marketing requirements
• Create user-centred prototypes, mock-ups and UI visuals of various fidelities to explore solutions
• Be the ‘eyes of the customer’ and balance customers’ needs with business requirements, while considering technical constraints
• Through socialisation, feedback and testing, iteratively improve designs and product releases
• Contribute to the evolution and delivery of our best practice standards and guidelines
• Facilitate and drive performance management processes
• Champion a culture where the fair treatment of customers is at the heart of the business. Ensure that by leading by example, you adhere to all regulatory requirements and apply appropriate controls in the interests of customers. Through the adoption of a top-down approach, demonstrate a culture where all of our people understand their regulatory obligations, including what the fair treatment of customer’s means to them and our organisation.
• University graduate, or equivalent qualifications or experience
• 4+ years’ experience as a UX Designer, working in a web-facing software development environment or similar to create interactive prototypes, wireframes, work-flow storyboards and mock-ups
• Fluent in the use of prototyping, visualisation and testing applications, such as Axure RP Pro, Adobe Creative Suite, InVision or similar
• Ability to create UI graphics including icons, info-graphics, illustrations and graphic assets for use in our products and web properties
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills – must enjoy working in a friendly, fast-paced team environment and be comfortable presenting ideas to senior stakeholders
• Ability to work quickly and efficiently to gather and distil complex requirements
• Demonstrable interest in good UX and UI design, and what this means for both end user and provider
• Demonstrable portfolio of work – ideally showing examples from ideation, wireframing and user-testing, through to design/production and documentation
• Good understanding of the principles of modern UI development technologies (CSS, HTML, jQuery, APIs)
• Experience of iterative design and agile product delivery
• Has worked in a global environment
• Experience working with SaaS products, data-driven software and complex business functionality
• Ability to help facilitate user testing, including experience with obtaining and analysing quantitative and qualitative feedback.
• Experience estimating task/project timing in order to deliver effectively to deadlines
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Reports into: UX Practice Lead