Job Location: Canary Wharf
Starting: ASAP (will consider 4 week's notice)
Duration: Long Term Contracting -as in years!
We are looking for hybrid here, if you're interested, please email your CV/portfolio, your rate, and available to firstname.lastname@example.org. This role is not to be missed for those who are interested in working a diverse role with an excellent group of people! It's also a very secure long-term contracting position. We hope to hear from you!
WRITER/COPY EDITOR – Global Creative Services
Writing focus leads the development and translation of concepts into effective visual and verbal articulations across integrated marketing efforts including print, digital and experiential tactics. Working within our internal creative agency (Global Creative Services) this position requires advanced copy-writing skills, video script writing skills, storytelling acumen, and experience with brand efforts such as guideline development and strategy support (positioning, naming, brand migrations); along with the ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced professional environment. In addition, the role requires copy editing and proof reading of sales, marketing and corporate communications across a number of tactics – sales material, print and digital advertising, video script, web copy.
This Writer will serve as point person for originating written copy for Brand, Communications and Marketing Promotional efforts. Working primarily with partners in our Finance & Risk business and beyond (including the News, Legal and Tax businesses) with support from our department’s account teams, you will deliver copy for multiple formats including print and digital advertising, video, collateral, direct mail, tradeshow displays, sales presentations, internal corporate programs, email marketing, content marketing, social marketing and more.
In addition, the position requires excellent presentation skills with the ability to navigate different levels of seniority, presenting the work as part of the Global Creative Services team within the appropriate context for each project. Must be able to balance individual contributions with objectivity as a member of a concept team. Dedication, flexibility, and a passion to excel and stay current on marketing and brand trends are essential attributes for success in this position.
Writing responsibilities Three main types of writing projects:
- Conceptual work in tandem with designers and possibly a larger creative group
- Generating original copy for non-conceptual projects (e.g. brochures, websites, banners, video scripts etc.)
- Revising existing, client-provided copy
Expectations for all three types of work:
- Ensure it adheres to the overall brand tone of voice
- Ensure it adheres to relevant brand platforms, primarily The Answer Company (brand) platform and Employee Brand
- Ensure it is error-free, grammatical and accurate to the greatest extent possible
- Be as concise and focused as possible, while still meeting project objectives
- Work in partnership with art directors to contribute to the creation of industry-leading, on-strategy concepts
- Commitment and energy in idea-generating sessions
- Quickly understand and share knowledge of client’s business objectives, brand, and competitive landscape to inform insightful campaign ideas
- Persuasively present creative concepts and designs, and communicate rationale to the team and our clients
- Ensure the language and the concepts meet all brand standards, both in tone of voice and broader brand framework. This may require involvement with drafting a creative brief.
- The writer should become the product expert, digging into the product, market and messaging with enough detail to guide the project.
Client and account teams should provide necessary background material and access to relevant subject matter experts. If interviewing is required, the writer needs to be prepared to send a full set of questions in advance, and capture all relevant content.
There should also be a comprehensive brief filled out in advance that covers all the factors that go into creating solid, on-point content, giving the writer a good grasp of the objectives, audience, pain points, objectives, audience, competitive landscape.)
Revising client-provided copy
The writer is responsible for ensuring the client copy is cogent, on brand and carries a consistent tone. It’s also an opportunity to cut ‘fat' and redundancies without changing substance or meaning.
Copy Editing/Proof reading responsibilities:
- Proof read/copy edit for spelling, grammar, punctuation, consistency (use of hyphens, capitalization, etc.), accuracy, clarity, quality, usability, and tone
- Apply consistent use of serial commas (or not), as directed by client
- Assure appropriate trademark application and use of legal disclaimers
- Review layout elements, flow, color, graphic components, and logo/word mark usage
- Default to U.S. spelling, unless specific instruction is given otherwise - flag inconsistencies in usage of UK versus U.S. spelling, as directed by client
- Fact-checking: Red-flag discrepancies in author names, job titles, book titles, addresses, calendar dates, phone numbers, URLs
- Verify that changes were made correctly from previous versions and client edits, including edits made in our online proofing tool.
Ideal candidate will have:
- 5+ years of copywriting, script writing and concept development in a team environment
- Portfolio that demonstrates the above
- Solid experience in print and digital media
- Command of MS Office suite and familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Ability to develop and present conceptual ideas
- Ability to accept and deliver feedback
- Ability to enhance team’s culture and creative product quality standards
- Ability to manage multiple assignments concurrently
- Graphical (design-based) and conceptual (idea-based) imagination
- An exceptional eye for detail and superior organizational skills
- Good nature/sense of humor/positive attitude
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external creative partners
- Proven creative problem-solving skills to establish a look and feel for a program, evaluate a creative approach, brainstorm, and respond quickly while delivering original and innovative ideas
- Ability to clearly articulate creative process, thoughts, ideas and a point of view
- Experience in B2B marketing or providing creative services to a B2B org
- Experience managing creative projects for large business organizations that have well-structured and disciplined brand standards