Our forward-thinking Fortune 500 Asset Management Firm, who proudly focuses on delivering global investment excellence to help clients create a secure financial future, is in need of mid-level freelance Marketing Communications Manager. This role is 40 hours a week, onsite in Owings Mills, MD, 6 months with opportunity to extend as well as convert to full time/staff employment. This is an amazing opportunity to be part of a dynamic and collaborative team who values marketing intelligence.
What You Will Do:
As (mid-level) Marketing Communications Manager, you will:
- Help develop, execute, revise, and improve “go-to-market” marketing strategies and materials (e.g. sales collateral, print & digital) for the new Broker Dealer channel.
- You will use your talent to identify campaign strategies to maximize lead generation, create sales tools, and marketing materials based on the needs of the target audience.
- This position collaborates closely with the Sales, Marketing, and Product groups to deliver the firm’s brand promise and value proposition.
- Collaborate with team leaders to understand client needs and how to leverage and implement durable, best practice solutions.
- Your skill as a ‘decision maker’ will be utilized by asking the right questions to the right team members and develop marketing appropriate solutions based on client needs.
- In this highly visible role, you will be entrusted to make independent decisions on who you will need to get buy in from and how you anticipate budget spend. From this point, you will provide recommendations to your manager for creating and implementing sustainable and measurable marketing campaign solutions.
- You will work with internal and external partners to ensure solutions are being executed properly plus provide the necessary metrics to evaluate effectiveness and inform future allocation of resources.
- You will also be entrusted to use your project management skills to re-evaluate and re-focus projects when/if alternatives solutions need to be put in place.
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree (advanced degree a plus)
- 5+ financial services industry/work experience
- Excellent communication skills -- interpersonal, verbal and written
- Understanding of Broker/Dealer Space in the creative process is a big plus.
- Marketing or Project Management related experience is a MUST
- Deep understanding of strategic marketing and corporate brand creation, creative development and production process, knowledge of basic marketing concepts; i.e., brand positioning, development, competitive assessment, awareness of current design solutions, creative approaches and industry trends.
- Strong analytical approach to problem solving, demonstrated ability to confidently interact with and influence at multiple levels of management.
What is it like working with Aquent? I’m glad you asked! Freelancing long-term with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things including:
- Subsidized health and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k), access to FSA Program; direct deposit for your paycheck
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!); free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com; free online courses via Lynda.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)
That’s it! The rest is up to you, if you are interested in this amazing opportunity please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org