Our client is looking for a Content Strategist.. This is an on-site 12month contract to possible perm with benefits - Medical, Dental, & 401K.
The Content Strategist (CS) is responsible for delivering innovative yet pragmatic content strategy and planning that supports the business requirements, research, and audience insights. Deliverables vary but can include a content plan, task/gap analysis, content audit, KPI/metrics criteria definition, SEO mapping and alignment, content mapping and outlines, client presentations, and support for prototype development and usability testing. As part of the UX team, the CS is also our primary advocate for the user’s need to rapidly find, comprehend, and act on the content we provide. The CS is most involved at the outset of a project but also plays a consultative role throughout the project, validating the execution of the plan to optimize existing or new content.
The ideal candidate will have a understanding of content strategy which allows them to know which deliverables within a given project are required to achieve a successful outcome. Financial services or regulatory-constrained content expertise is strongly preferred. Ability to write high-quality, on-brand content against strategic objectives is also a plus.
Qualifications We place a premium on:
• Work samples that show evidence of strategic and visual thinking and experience presenting to clients, partners, and team members.
• Experience collaborating with internal partners and/or third-party vendors to gather data and ensure the feasibility of work
• Financial institution or similar vertical subject matter expertise. Background and essential skills:
• 5+ years of content strategy experience/interest or a related field like information architecture and/or interactive copywriting experience a plus).
• Proven ability to collaborate across disciplines and present work effectively to clients.
• Passion for sharing subject matter expertise, knowledge, and best practices across teams and channels.
• Experience working within a digital framework: discovery, define, concept, copy, and development. Nice to have.
• Experience reviewing user research and applying findings to content strategy recommendations aimed at improving user segmentation, targeting, messaging, engagement, and conversion.
• Ability to collaborate with business partners to define web analytics KPIs to improve our effectiveness, and ultimately provide an engaging user experience.
• Understanding of testing methodology and how that translates into content optimization.
• Understanding of taxonomy and SEO, and how to optimize web pages for increased ranking.
• Experience working within the constraints of content management systems (CMS).
• Background or expertise in communications-related field, such as PR, marketing, or social media expertise.