The business model for the team is to function as an internal interactive agency. Please be prepared with a “business appropriate” online portfolio of your work. Candidates without a proven history of large-scale independent UxA work, previous web production experience, or agency experience will not be considered.
*While this job is a remote “work at home” job, candidates should be available to come into the office to work face to face with the team and with sponsors and meet with the team on an as needed basis. Candidates should be available on instant messaging, text messaging and mobile phone during regular working hours.
Working as a part of dynamic creative team and reporting to the team manager, work with sponsors on a project engagement basis to create an optimal user experience, compliant with the current visual design system. UXAs conceptualize and execute experiences for a variety of marketing and user interface assignments. UXAs improve the user experience of sites through a focus on user journeys, usability, web and mobile navigation, content, and labeling.
This specialist will work with and in some contexts lead visual designers, developers and content owners to create sites aligned to the Organiztion's business needs, digital branding and overall web strategy. Understanding and adherence to brand standards as well as conveying the specific purpose of products or services is expected. Excellent communications skills and an ability to handle multiple projects on a tight schedule are essential.
The best candidate
• Has significant and proven experience in user experience architecture for the web and mobile from the path of research and discovery to wireframe or interactive prototype execution
• Is effective in working on large-scale long term or fast-paced projects independently or collaboratively with other UXAs
• Can follow design standards and conduct extensive research within standards to come up with UX solutions
• Innovates new design patterns/templates where necessary to create a richer experience across ibm.com
• Effectively communicates ideas and creates a journey for our visitors through the appropriate navigational structures and arrangements
• Creates an experience that communicates, compels, inspires and persuades the visitor to buy with effective task completion and goal attainment
• Exercises exceptionally effective teaming skills with creative, production and technical teams in a dynamic and sometimes intense environment
• Collaborates and communicates with sponsors and managers as well
• Assertive in reaching out to multiple resources to obtain the information needed for the project
The best candidate has
• Web production experience
• Interactive agency experience
• Active experience (not just classroom or theory) with Agile/Scrum and waterfall methodologies
• A rich and varied portfolio across web, mobile and tool creation
• Proficiency in Axure and Adobe Creative Cloud Suite.
Skills and abilities:
The following skills are necessary for this job. Proficiency level ranges from 1-5 (low to high).
UX skills 5
Communication skills 5
Ability to work in a deadline oriented environment 5
Organizational skills 5
Presentation skills 5
Adobe Creative Suite 3
Microsoft Suite (Word, PPT) 4