AQUENT is looking for a Mid - Senior Proofreader with 5-8 years of experience in all proofreading functions, very organized, detailed-oriented, self-motivated and have a great sense of humor. This is a 100% remote position although our client would prefer someone to sit in the Boston, MA area. Please note that his is an ad-hoc position - you will work as and when the work is being sent to you.
As part of the interview process with this Fortune 500 client, interested applicant is required to sit in for a test, after the first round interview, before continuing to the next step.
- Financial or Ad Agency experience is a plus
- Basic Full Read – Proofreader reads the complete document for overall sense, checking:
- Facts: confirming accuracy of all phone numbers and URLs; checking the spelling of names of individuals, companies, organizations, and products/services; confirming that titles are accurate and up to date; verifying accuracy of service marks and trademarks; confirming days of week and dates match the calendar; ensuring spelled-out phone numbers represent the correct phone number.
- Style (consistency in font usage, treatment of headings, and page layout)
- Cross-references, folios, table of contents, and index
- Word breaks, line breaks, and page breaks
- Proofreaders should not rewrite any content. But if they think something is unclear, confusing, or awkwardly phrased, they should note that.