Aquent's Fortune500 client in Woonsocket, RI is looking for a Merchandising Specialist for a 6 month assignment (40/hrs 5 days, on site) with potential to extend beyond.
This position(s) is responsible for providing administrative support and business analysis to the Leaders within different business categories. This individual will manage day-to-day administrative tasks, track reporting for the team, and perform a series of ad-hoc projects based on overall team needs and strategic priorities
1. Administrative Support: Manage calendars and day-to-day administrative needs for the VP and Sr. Director within the Merchandising Team. Schedule and plan meetings, manage budgets, arrange travel, and prepare materials as necessary.
2. Business Reporting and Analytics: Run Daily sales, seasonal reporting, weekly vendor reporting and analyze market data to assist in decision making. Conduct special projects and perform analysis to support strategic priorities.
3. Communication Development: Communicate effectively, both verbally and on paper, to Merchandising and Cross-Functional teams throughout the organization. Work closely with outside partners. Assist with communication on overall performance, sales, sell thru and ad planning. Support the development of presentations for mid-level and senior executives
1. Strong Microsoft Office and Internet Skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and Internet research required.
2. Organizational Skills: Strong attention to detail, good time management and planning skills, and multi-tasking abilities are a must.
3. Analytical Rigor: The ability to run and manage quantitative analysis in a defect-free manner. Uses analysis to identify actionable insights.
4. Flexibility: Ability to shift priorities and be adaptable to changing needs. Experience in handling multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment and ability to continually reprioritize work activity as necessary.
5. Powerful Communication: Ability to communicate effectively, succinctly and professionally, both verbally and on paper. Comfortable interacting with senior leaders.
High school diploma or GED required, Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Finance or similar field preferred and have 2+ years of relevant work experience